“Cozy Rooms overlooking the ocean”

Atlantic View Motel & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Cambridge, Canada
“Cozy Rooms overlooking the ocean”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This place was awesome. Bright sunny rooms with huge windows front and back looking out over the Atlantic Ocean. The staff was friendly. The rooms were nicely decorated. They had sample menus from the local restaurants which helped you choose a dinner venue. The rooms had coffee makers (with a small container of ground coffee rather than those horrible tasting pre packaged envelopes provided with most in room coffee machines) The location was amazing, only a few blocks from the Lunnenburg harbour . Comfortable beds and fast wifi.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "strip" of motel rooms, but the separate cottages looked similarly appoin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnAns99

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nine Mile River, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in our cozy cottage the "ocean mist" for our wedding anniversary.
Lunenburg is a beautiful place and the location of this property is excellent for relaxation. It is quiet and peaceful. Great for star gazers, beach and nature lovers. The owners and their dogs were friendly and I enjoyed that pets were allowed on site. The use of a BBQ to cook our seafood supper was excellent and the fire pit to enjoy the evening was lovely. Our stay was too quick. One night wasn't quite enough. I would have enjoyed the use of the kayaks, canoes and paddle boat on site. There is a beautiful pond with Lilly pads and lotus flowers and bunnies in a pen :) I could really see myself staying there longer next time. The only things I noticed that could be addressed were that there was no paper towels, Kleenex or forks in our cottage. We are easygoing so its not something that would ruin our stay. The cottage also didn't have a dish sink but this is not something that would stop me from returning. Keep up the good work :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SherrySwirl
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We rented the Blue Heron cottage. It was quite amazing how many things they could fit in such a small space, but why provide so many electrical appliances when there are no outlets available. There were two extension cords in the room. On one side it was supposed to take care of the light, clock and computer which it could do. However, on the other side it was supposed to handle the refrigerator, stove, microwave and television - plus the coffee maker, toaster and fan??? The cottage definitely needs some updating. The bathroom curtains were really sadly faded and the mattress is the hardest I've ever slept on. I'm giving it an average rating only because of the cleanliness, good internet connection, and decent ocean view but it is definitely not a place I would stay in again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjnky
Morro Bay,Ca.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This motel to me is a treasure! It's not a fancy place but the bed was very comfortable & I loved the linen etc. on the bed, so colourful! It's on Mason Beach Rd. which is a short drive outside the wonderful town off Lunenburg,Nova Scotia.Across the street is the beach which I* could see from the front window off my room.The other window I had faced the lily pond which attracted me more so then the beach.The next morning off my stay I had to explore the lily pond some more where I discovered some mallard ducks.It was such a peaceful place I hated to leave.The room was very clean & had a coffee maker & supplied tea which I drink.The owners are very friendly & helpful.Loved the rabbits in the front yard plus the dog.It made me feel right at home & for sure my next stay in Lunenburg will take me back to this motel & cottages.I will have to make reservations early in the season if staying in the month off July or August.

Room Tip: Motel rooms are great & it's where I stayed.I can't tell you what the cottages are like.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DiannMorroBay_Ca_
Hubbardston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What a great place in a great location with great hosts. We stayed in one of the very small cabins which was too small but they do offer plent of other choices. The owner offered other rooms but we didn't feel like moving. The owners are extremely friendly and willing to make your stay super. We loved the isolation but yet you are so close to Lunenburg to go for diner or anything. The dog and cats are great as well. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin-n-Sue01452
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We loved this place so much that we spent 3 nights there during our week in Nova Scotia. Very nice staff, spotless room, very comfortable and homey. It's not fancy, but reminded us of the motels of our childhood. The view of the beach is incredible (it's right across the street) and there are several benches for a peaceful respite. The amazing thing is that we you round the corner past the motel, you are greeted with the most majestic view of Lunenburg's waterfront. It's only a short hike away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We rented two cottages for my husband and myself and our son and his family. Great value for a cozy and comfortable family visit. They had a little pond and rabbits to entertain the kids along with a large lawned property and ocean beach across the street. The cottages are not fancy but they are very clean and comfortable. Everything we needed to cook meals was provided along with an outside BBQ. They offer a central campfire area for all the guests to meet and mingle. I would stay here again when back in Lunenberg.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YKJewel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lunenburg
Smugglers Cove Inn
#4 of 6 in Lunenburg
Lighthouse Motel
Lighthouse Motel
#2 of 5 in Bridgewater

Been to Atlantic View Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!