Review Highlights

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
bradr879
Toronto, Canada
via mobile

All reviews beautiful ship canadian history crew members bucket list item morning cruise sailing ship nova scotia halifax harbour make reservations friendly crew piece of history weather was perfect blue nose ii answer questions sails board deck
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It was so awesome to see this beautiful ship. We visited Nova Scotia mud October and even the museum was on its last day of operations for the year. We were not able to go onto the ship but from what we could see she is beautiful.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

While in Nova Scotia we were very fortunate to be able to see the bluenose up close. This was amazing to see a part of history up close. Definitely a thing ofbeauty !

Reviewed 4 October 2018

A must see...when visiting the East Coast. Crew were most helpful and very knowledgeable. I envy their experiences working aboard.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stepping onto the deck of this iconic ship, talking to the sailors, and viewing the incredible wooden structure make this a thrill of a life-time!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great place to visit, very beautiful. Wish we could have stayed longer. My daughter was so excited to be able to see and walk on to the Bluenose II. The crew were great. We had fun exploring the ship. Lunenburg is a beautiful town with great restaurants.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Beautiful ship and friendly, informed staff. Only disappointment was the lack of wind! Interesting to see the teamwork involved in taking the sails down.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved our tour of the Bluenose II while she was docked in Canso. The crew was very friendly and knowledgeable about her history. They are all such great ambassadors about this spectacular vessel and the province of Nova Scotia.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I was very much looking forward to our sail on the Bluenose II. I know a little about the history of the original ship and next to nothing about sailing. I thought this would be an opportunity to learn a bit more. Unfortunately, after a very short speech before we sailed, there was very little frothehe crew neck on the history of the the Bluenose II and what they were doing. Although it was a beautiful ship and the crew seemed willing enough to speak with passengers who had questions, I was disappointed in the overall experience. We spent half the trip on a diesel engine coming in and out of harbor and then had a very sedate sail in between. I recognise that the crew can't control the weather but perhaps the experience would have been improved if the crew were to engage with passengers with information about the boat, explanations of what they were doing or share stories about sailing this iconic ship. I would recommend going to see the ship in harbour and not paying the money to sail.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Let on time and returned late. There was very little wind so we were on the John Deere diesel engines most of the time.

The crew looked to be very skilled and proficient.

There were a lot of seniors on board and with limited seating I could see they were struggling. It was a tough trip for most of them.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

No, this isn’t the most exciting time I have had on a boat, but I have seen the original Bluenose on my dime all my life, and this is a true replica. Beautifully built ship, and great to be able to be out on her, and watch the sail being raised and lowered. You get a bit of feeling of what it must have been like to sail he original. The only thing I would have liked to have added was to have a short talk on the history of the boat.