“It's ALMOST perfect...”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Toronto, Canada
“It's ALMOST perfect...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love this hotel, don't get me wrong. The front desk staff was very pleasant and always friendly with a beaming smile willing to help us out. There were some people in my group were being especially difficult and she was incredibly patient with us and I have to thank her for that.

I was very lucky because I had one of the best rooms in the hotel. Top floor (thankGod there's an elevator, SUPER slow though) and big bed (probably one of the best sleeps I've ever had) facing the Atlantic ocean and docks. I just LOVED that view when I stare across the water and the sun reflecting on the water. Priceless.

I also took advantage of the spa inside the hotel. Guests of the hotel had 10% off. Prices were still expensive but after much traveling, I needed a massage. And the staff there was almost very friendly and helpful. My 30min massage was lovely, I left feeling great and mellow. It has a lovely hot tub and apparently a steam shower which unfortunately I did not use.

Location of the hotel was great, walking distance to almost anything you need... mind you it is a small town. I DO wish they have more amenities but the spa made up for it. I do also have to mention that... although I was lucky to have the room I did... some of the people in my group weren't so lucky and ended up with pull out sofa beds which to me, don't seem too comfortable.

Also, because we were staying there for 3 nights... bad internet made it the stay a little frustrating. The signal was great but it was SO terribly terribly slow. This is something the hotel must fix. If this was just a vacation, I wouldn't care so much but since this was business... opening up my emails shouldn't take forever.

Room Tip: just make sure to ask for a room without pullout sofa beds
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank baritonekeith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I just spent one night at the Lunenburg Arms and took advantage of the on site spa as well as the dining room. Fabulous getaway. A Sunday morning stroll along the waterfront and through the quiet streets was wonderful before we left this beautiful town.

Room Tip: Pay a few extra dollars to enjoy the harbourview room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night and had a room overlooking the water. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very beautiful. The room was nicely decorated, super clean and had great views. One of the most comforatable beds I have ever slept on. They even took the care to leave a new Venus Oil of Olay razor on the tub along with beautiful Aveda bath products. These little details make your experience memorable. We will definitely recommend to our friends.

1 Thank Megan T
ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed one night on Oct.5th. Stayed in third floor room facing bay. Great view of bay. Room was clean, bed very good, staff friendly and efficient overall a good experience. Adequate parking which is a big plus for Luninberg. Could walk to waterfront and plenty of restaurants. Breakfast was as advertised. Try to get room away from elevator. Voices of loud talkers getting off elevator late at night was disturbing. Not the fault of hotel. Would stay here again on return.

Room Tip: Try to get room away from elevator door.
Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Lunenburg Arms Inn / Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The staff , from the people at the front desk, maids and waitresses in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful in any way. Our room was a good size with a sitting area and a gorgeous view of the harbour. It was spotless and well supplied with everything we needed. A continental breakfast was included and most adequate for us. We had lunch and dinner in the dining room which were both very tasty and well presented. We would certainly stay there again if we decide to return to Lunenburg for a visit.

Room Tip: I would suggest room # 408 or at least a room facing the harbour.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here in a spacious room with a water view. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was updated and large. There is a free continental breakfast in the morning but it is pretty lame. There is an elevator to get luggage up to the room so that was appreciated along with free parking. Staff was helpful. Weather was not so great so it was nice to have a comfortable room to spend time in.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a very nice inn in a great location. It is in an old building, but the decore is clean and modern. The parking is free and directly across the street, so bringing luggage in and out was a snap. We paid extra for the queen room with city view, so our room was large and had a really nice bathroom. Since we were out until after dark, it really did not matter not to have the harbor view. We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel restaurant, so we were disappointed by the sad complementary breakfast offered there in the morning. It was the only negative in an otherwise very good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple