“Just average”

and 1 more site!
Lunenburg Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nothing awful, nothing great-just a place to stay. The room with a harbor view could be seen from the windows but no place to sit and enjoy-standing view only as the settle was stuffed in a corner. Continental breakfast was OK, sort of went with the rest of the experience there-nothing bad, nothing great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A pretty hotel in a very picturesque town. A nice weekend getaway.
Staff are friendly and informal, as are all the staff at the nearby shops and restaurants.
Lots of good places to eat, as long as you like seafood.
We stayed there early in the season (May) so the hotel, town and restaurants were not crowded,
as they can be in July/August.

Room Tip: Get a room with a harbour view, the modest extra cost is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor D
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lunenburg is a marvellous little town! The colourful houses, the sea, a lot of very original tourist boutique, some nice little restaurant... This hotel is very good, without carpet! Which is very very rare in hotel and I appreciate it a lot! Small cosy room, very comfy, good service, clean!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly, but as a hotel it wasn't amazing. The rooms are ok, the bathroom is nice and clean, but the hand towel rack being right above the toilet is asking for accidents. And the continental breakfast had a lot to be desired. But again, it wasn't bad, just want really good...

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DeanScheepers
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have just stayed at the Lunenburg Arms for 11 nights (10-22/2/14, on business). I wasn't in a hurry to write a review as I was thinking 'if you haven't anything good to say, don't say anything'.

However, it didn't help staying at this time of year (off season-until May). The much acclaimed, but seasonal restaurant was closed, so the few guests had to fend for themselves, which wouldn't have been a problem, but most of the Restaurants/Eateries in the town were closed for the season as well.

The Continental Breakfast was a regular disappointing joke, consisting of the same choice of 3 Cereals, often stale bread for toast, stale Muffins & a selection of a few bruised Apples & some Yoghurts & Jams. There was no variation, at all, on the Breakfast, no variation on the cereals, no selection of fruits, no meats, no cheeses, no croissants, no selection of Breads, Teas or Coffees.

Please, Lunenburg Arms, get some different additions/variations for your Supposed Continental Breakfast or get one of your Managers to go to the Continent & see how they really do Breakfast!

The room I was given was occasionally cleaned (when the cleaning staff turned up to work or else the Reception staff quickly made the bed (which I had already done, the snow storms didn't help though); 2 mattresses on the bed, which made it too soft. There was a TV that could only be viewed if you were directly in front of it & a noisy Fridge!

The Bathroom was nice though, with a nice wide bath with and a nicely positioned grab rail for the bath (I am disabled & can only use my left arm).

All the staff were polite, friendly & courteous.

My stay at a Pub on way home from Heathrow to Devon, in Somerset, however, highlighted what I had been missing for 12 days!

All the locals, however, are very friendly & the Hotel has good Parking & a good location for the town. All the locals know of the Lunenburg Arms.
Richard Mitchell

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Hubs and I stayed here with a bunch of others as part of a block of rooms set aside for a wedding. We didn't see much of the hotel as our room was right off of the lobby (wheelchair accessible room). At first I thought it might be too loud being so close the lobby but they closed a door right outside of ours to block the noise which was nice. The room was breathtaking. It felt like a cottage or something. I immediately relaxed as soon as I walked in. I could hear the ocean and the breeze was coming in the windows. Lots of light streaming in too. The floors were gorgeous! Felt more like a master bedroom than a hotel.
I had the continental breakfast once and it was good. We didn't eat at the hotel really because you're within walking distance of EVERYTHING when you stay here. Love that.
Front desk staff were friendly, helpful and funny :)
I'd recommend this hotel to everyone and I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love this hotel, don't get me wrong. The front desk staff was very pleasant and always friendly with a beaming smile willing to help us out. There were some people in my group were being especially difficult and she was incredibly patient with us and I have to thank her for that.

I was very lucky because I had one of the best rooms in the hotel. Top floor (thankGod there's an elevator, SUPER slow though) and big bed (probably one of the best sleeps I've ever had) facing the Atlantic ocean and docks. I just LOVED that view when I stare across the water and the sun reflecting on the water. Priceless.

I also took advantage of the spa inside the hotel. Guests of the hotel had 10% off. Prices were still expensive but after much traveling, I needed a massage. And the staff there was almost very friendly and helpful. My 30min massage was lovely, I left feeling great and mellow. It has a lovely hot tub and apparently a steam shower which unfortunately I did not use.

Location of the hotel was great, walking distance to almost anything you need... mind you it is a small town. I DO wish they have more amenities but the spa made up for it. I do also have to mention that... although I was lucky to have the room I did... some of the people in my group weren't so lucky and ended up with pull out sofa beds which to me, don't seem too comfortable.

Also, because we were staying there for 3 nights... bad internet made it the stay a little frustrating. The signal was great but it was SO terribly terribly slow. This is something the hotel must fix. If this was just a vacation, I wouldn't care so much but since this was business... opening up my emails shouldn't take forever.

Room Tip: just make sure to ask for a room without pullout sofa beds
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business