“Best Girl Get away weekend”

Lunenburg Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We were treated like "queens" by everyone .... great hotel staff and spa staff !! We felt very special - and are planning a return trip in the very near furture.
If you want to be pampered this is the place to go!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 November 2009

I recently stayed at The Lunenburg Arms with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday. From the moment we contacted Patti to arrange a group package, we received the best possible treatment. She was fast and responsive in helping us set up an incredible package and the prices were excellent.

The spa is gorgeous, with a large, well-appointed room where we were able to eat and relax between treatments. I had the Sea Salt Soak and Massage treatment and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. There is a also large hot tub as well as a steam shower available for people who want to use those amenities. We were in the spa for 6 or 7 hours and the time just vanished.

Our rooms were very nice - not huge (especially the bathroom) but very pleasant and inviting and not at all like the "standard hotel room" you normally get. Broad-board floors and attractive arched windows with shutters, as well as quality furnishings and Aveda bath products set these rooms apart. I was a bit worried about the beds being too soft because I like a firm bed. My friend and I shared a King room with a bed that can be separated into two twins - not huge but I don't flip around at night so it was fine. And while I'm still not a big fan of pillow-top matresses, the matress itself was new and not saggy. Our friend had a loft room which had a separate upstairs bedroom and a sitting room including a whirlpool tub downstairs. Perfect place to gather with a group.

My only complaint about the room was that our key cards stopped working several times. Apparently there was a computer problem while we were there, which was inconvenient but the front desk dealt with it sympathetically and quickly.

I have to say that Tin Fish is one of the most attractive and welcoming spaces for a restaurant that I've visited. The colours are vivid and inviting and the staff are extremely nice AND efficient. And the food - I could not have been more pleased with our choices. The calamari was quite good (HUGE portion) although if I were being totally picky I'd say I like mine a little crisper and spicier. The chili sauce from the chicken skewers goes great with it, though! The haddock and accompanying vegetables blew me away - one of the nicest pieces of haddock I've eaten. I tried a bit of the apple crisp and the chocolate raspberry cake but my favourite was the banana split. I was so stuffed at this point that I couldn't entirely do it justice but would love to have a do-over sometime.

Bravo to everyone at this fine establishment. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Have stayed a number of times at the Lunenburg Arms Hotel with my husband and also with other members of my family. Each time it has been an excellent experience as we have dined at the Tin Fish Restaurant and have also taken advantage of the Spa which is a totally relaxing experience in restful surroundings. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the beds are soooo comfortable and with the fresh salt air one can't help but have a good nights sleep. The management and staff are more than willing to ensure that our stay is always a pleasant one. Lunenburg is a quant little town and has lots to offer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Beautiful, immaculate rooms - 3 of us shared a lovely room with huge bedroom upstairs and sitting area below with sofa bed. Others in our group had smaller but lovely, comfortable rooms. Staff very accomodating and friendly.
Restaurant: sadly I missed eating there but many in my group raved about it.
Spa: Decadent, spacious, tranquil, wonderful! Best facial ever. I truly believe my glow was from the facial not the lovely white wine. Pedicure chairs so comfy I thought of sleeping there, an amazing array of nail colour choices and knowledgeable, professional staff.
I've been recommending this hotel and spa to friends and family ever since my visit and am eager to return.

1  Thank needVacation_8
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Everyone aspect of our stay at the Lunenburg Arms was perfect. The Spa is gorgeous, the staff friendly and knowledgable. A welcoming hotel in a picturesque town.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

I spent a weekend get- away with some girlfriends at the Lunenburg Arms...we enjoyed some special "chill time" at the Spa, followed by a leisurely light bite at the Tin Fish restaurant. The quaint rooms varied in size and met all of our needs- COMFY beds and an assortment of Aveda products! Lunenburg has many quaint shops to browse. We concluded our get-away with a delicious brunch at the Tin Fish. Patti&Mike Smith and their staff were very accommodating of our group and made sure we had an incredible experience. We plan to go back again, and I intend to spend even more time at the SPA:)

1  Thank ValleyGirl759
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Our room had an excellent view over the waterfront and we were fortunate Bluenose 2 was there during our 3 day stay for the Seafood Festival. The hotel is quite new, is well furnished, the room spacious and with excellent housekeeping. The themed restaurant provided a good dinner menu but it was a little disappointing to only have a limited continental breakfast in mid September.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dp91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lunenburg
Rum Runner Inn
Homeport Motel
Homeport Motel
#4 of 6 in Lunenburg
Atlantica Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre

Been to Lunenburg Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!