“Excellent Staff, Comfy, Clean, Quiet & Beautiful View”

Lunenburg Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here the third weekend in August. We had the Harbour View Room. Everything was great, the food was wonderful, excellent crab crakes ! The staff was so friendly. The rooms were very clean, harwood floors and a sleigh bed, that had the most comfortable mattress, it was the best sleep I had in months. The view from our room was spectacular. We will definately be back. I was surprised they called this a hotel as it seemed more like an inn.

There are newer reviews for Lunenburg Arms Hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Lunenburg Arms for the first night of our extra-long anniversary weekend. There was a wedding going on there the day we arrived. I had e-mailed earlier to see if we could get a slightly early check-in and was told that we could not because of the wedding. When we arrived at check-in time, we were told that our room was still not ready and could we come back in an hour or so. The restaurant was also closed when we were there because of the wedding, and I had been looking forward to eating there. We found out later that it was "the boss's" wedding, so I presume that is why everyone was so focused on the wedding party and the guests attending the wedding. Still, though, I don't think that should compromise the hotel's customer service to their other guests... If they couldn't service other guests to their usual standards, they should have just shut the hotel down for the weekend. The poor guy working the desk was still there in the morning plus manning the continental breakfast... I felt bad for him, as I think he said he'd basically been working the past 72 hours or something crazy like that. He was very friendly, though!

Beyond this, the rooms were nice. A bit small, but I think everything in Lunenburg is a bit small. The bed was very, very comfortable. Bathroom was nothing spectacular, but clean and modern. Lunenburg itself is a cute little town. We went sailing with Star Charters, and it was fantastic - I highly recommend doing that!

I would like to come back to the hotel when there isn't a wedding going on, but my husband isn't too keen on the idea, so I doubt we'll be back. It was cute, though, and I would recommend it! Just find out if there are any events going on first that would conflict with your stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

We had an enjoyable two night at the Lunenburg Arms. On arrival reception went out of their way to make us feel welcome - even helping us park. The view from our room over the harbour was excellent. The rooms itself was a good size and well maintained. The only thing we could fault was the breakfast. Given the price, the breakfast was uninspired. A selection of cereals and bagels. Otherwise a great place to stay, especially during the Folk Harbour Festival, which we would highly recommend to anyway.

Reviewed 13 August 2010

I booked 2 nights at the Luneburg Arms based on good reviews here. I tried doing so on the AAA Canada site which said a room was available with 2 Queens. The AAA confirm gave contradictory dates so I called the hotel and spoke to Nicole who is mentioned in other reviews on this site.

To my surprise she said that the hotel isn't affiliated with AAA and the room deal that I had booked didn't exist! She kindly gave us a two-level suite at a nice reduction and we were all set. I learned a valuable lesson: If you book a room online and don't receive an immediate confirm directly from the hotel - call.

The hotel is in a perfect location (no exaggeration). You can walk to the waterfront in 1 minute and everything in Lunenburg is at your fingertips. Free parking across the street. Continental Breakfast is quite good in restaurant. We didn't have dinner there. Hotel quiet and spotless. We had a harbor view which is captured by another reviewer on this site. Check out the pictures. It was stunning.

Front desk staff friendly and attentive. Matt was quite helpful.

Internet was very slow. This needs to be addressed. Otherwise, a very pleasant 2-night stay. You could probably do cheaper in Lunenburg but to be right in town and have this nice a place was worth the extra money to us.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We found that there were a couple of awesome employees at this hotel along with the Housekeeping staff and the employees with the Chefs in the restaurant! If you go there ask for Nicole. Best service ever! She made the difference in our stay. I am not sure if our stay would have been that great if Nicole and the aforementioned wouldn't have been there!
Lunenburg is close to some really nice beaches !

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2010

An excellent place to stay in this multi coloured town - super room with a massive bed and a great view over the harbour. Breakfast was a little disappointing with only a small selection on offer and staff were not always around to replenish milk / coffee etc. The location of this hotel is ideal and there is plenty to see and do in Lunenberg .. we'd have loved to benn able to stay a little longer

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed here for 1 night and were very happy with our stay. We had a standard room which was small but still big for European comparison. A/C worked great otherwise it would have been very stuffy.
Nice staff and complimentary breakfast added to the experience. My wife used the spa and said it was very nice.A nice place to stay in a "neat"little town.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple