“AWMAC holds Board of Directors meeting at Lunenburg Arms”

Lunenburg Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Reviewed 12 November 2010

The Lunenburg Arms did a fantastic job hosting our national Board of Directors meeting. The board room easily holds 16 people and was quiet. The hotel did an outstanding job catering delicious meals directly to the board room. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Having the meeting in Lunenburg was a breath of fresh air compared to having it a city with traffic, noise and the large hotel atmosphere.
Lunenburg is a unique and beautiful place to visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel as a treat from close friends, and would recommend it to our friends and family. The hotel is ideally located with an amazing view of the harbour, with the world famous Bluenose II. The room we stayed in was a two-level, spacious, very clean and comfortable space. We stayed there with a 1 year old and found the accommodations kid-friendly. The view from our room was water-side, and the view stunning. (see our attached panoramic picture taken from inside our room. Note, we actually stayed in August 2009 but were unable to select that date from the dropdown list). We ate at the Tin Fish restaurant which seemed to be a nice restaurant, also kid-friendly, and with a very professional kitchen. The food was fantastic and the wine list had a good selection. My wife also visited the spa at the base of the hotel and was treated to a relaxing time. We visited her in the spa and it looked to be a nice, pampering environment. Our overall experience was quite positive and we look forward to returning there with our family!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel with our teenage son. We had a room with a loft with bed upstairs which suited us perfectly but probably would go with 2 rooms in the future as it got a bit crowded and there wasn't enough privacy for 3 people.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mining
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here the third weekend in August. We had the Harbour View Room. Everything was great, the food was wonderful, excellent crab crakes ! The staff was so friendly. The rooms were very clean, harwood floors and a sleigh bed, that had the most comfortable mattress, it was the best sleep I had in months. The view from our room was spectacular. We will definately be back. I was surprised they called this a hotel as it seemed more like an inn.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Lunenburg Arms for the first night of our extra-long anniversary weekend. There was a wedding going on there the day we arrived. I had e-mailed earlier to see if we could get a slightly early check-in and was told that we could not because of the wedding. When we arrived at check-in time, we were told that our room was still not ready and could we come back in an hour or so. The restaurant was also closed when we were there because of the wedding, and I had been looking forward to eating there. We found out later that it was "the boss's" wedding, so I presume that is why everyone was so focused on the wedding party and the guests attending the wedding. Still, though, I don't think that should compromise the hotel's customer service to their other guests... If they couldn't service other guests to their usual standards, they should have just shut the hotel down for the weekend. The poor guy working the desk was still there in the morning plus manning the continental breakfast... I felt bad for him, as I think he said he'd basically been working the past 72 hours or something crazy like that. He was very friendly, though!

Beyond this, the rooms were nice. A bit small, but I think everything in Lunenburg is a bit small. The bed was very, very comfortable. Bathroom was nothing spectacular, but clean and modern. Lunenburg itself is a cute little town. We went sailing with Star Charters, and it was fantastic - I highly recommend doing that!

I would like to come back to the hotel when there isn't a wedding going on, but my husband isn't too keen on the idea, so I doubt we'll be back. It was cute, though, and I would recommend it! Just find out if there are any events going on first that would conflict with your stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

We had an enjoyable two night at the Lunenburg Arms. On arrival reception went out of their way to make us feel welcome - even helping us park. The view from our room over the harbour was excellent. The rooms itself was a good size and well maintained. The only thing we could fault was the breakfast. Given the price, the breakfast was uninspired. A selection of cereals and bagels. Otherwise a great place to stay, especially during the Folk Harbour Festival, which we would highly recommend to anyway.

Reviewed 13 August 2010

I booked 2 nights at the Luneburg Arms based on good reviews here. I tried doing so on the AAA Canada site which said a room was available with 2 Queens. The AAA confirm gave contradictory dates so I called the hotel and spoke to Nicole who is mentioned in other reviews on this site.

To my surprise she said that the hotel isn't affiliated with AAA and the room deal that I had booked didn't exist! She kindly gave us a two-level suite at a nice reduction and we were all set. I learned a valuable lesson: If you book a room online and don't receive an immediate confirm directly from the hotel - call.

The hotel is in a perfect location (no exaggeration). You can walk to the waterfront in 1 minute and everything in Lunenburg is at your fingertips. Free parking across the street. Continental Breakfast is quite good in restaurant. We didn't have dinner there. Hotel quiet and spotless. We had a harbor view which is captured by another reviewer on this site. Check out the pictures. It was stunning.

Front desk staff friendly and attentive. Matt was quite helpful.

Internet was very slow. This needs to be addressed. Otherwise, a very pleasant 2-night stay. You could probably do cheaper in Lunenburg but to be right in town and have this nice a place was worth the extra money to us.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lunenburg
Rum Runner Inn
Homeport Motel
Homeport Motel
#4 of 6 in Lunenburg
Atlantica Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre

Been to Lunenburg Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!