“Excellent food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Lower Sackville, Canada
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It was the best seafood chowder we had ever tasted. We were quite impressed with the flavor and style of the meal for such a small space.

5 Thank Shauna M

Dartmouth, Canada
“Dad's Favorite”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I asked my father to choose a place to eat in Lunenburg for Father's Day, and he choose the Bay Leaf in the Bluenose Lodge. We have actually been here for a number of special occasions and regular meals over the years. Although this beautiful old lodge has been through a number of different owners, it seems they have managed to maintain a very good restaurant. Although there was some sort of special event in another room, we were the only ones in the dining room for almost our entire meal. Although two couples came in as were were finishing, you wonder how a place can last with so few customers.

Our meal was excellent. Two of us had the stuffed chicken breast and it was delicious, served with fresh vegetables and potato. My wife had the Chicken & Shrimp curry and said it was a perfect blend of the curry without being too spicy, and Dad's wife had the braised ribs, wanting to try them from a previous visit. She said they were tender and delicious and had no bones. I had their rhubarb Creme Brulee, and it was excellent.

Our server was excellent, remembering my dad's dislike of cucumbers from a previous visit, when he brought the water with cucumber for the rest of us, he had one for dad with lemon. He was attentive without being in the way.

4 Thank Art H
Lunenburg, Canada
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On June 15,2014, I went for Brunch with my sister, who was visiting from Ontario. We had the pleasure of having Tony being our server. He was delightful. He made sure our coffee cups were full, had several pleasant stories to share, yet giving us privacy to enjoy our visit with each other.
The food was amazing. My sister had pancakes with apples and pecans. It was divine! I was in the mood for French toast. It wasn't on the menu, but I was told it was no a problem. Well, it should be on the menu. It was sooo good! I am going to try this restaurant for dinner. Will let you know how that is,

7 Thank Dianna F
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Why aren't people flocking to this restaurant?”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After deciding at the last minute to eat out on a Friday night, we called and made a reservation at the Bay Leaf Eatery. We needn't have worried about getting in, because the restaurant was surprisingly unbusy. I say surprising because The Bay Leaf offers a wonderful dining experience. The lovely dining room is light, airy, and simply but elegantly decorated, with comfortable chairs, a handsome bar area, and the feel of a historic New England inn. The waitstaff is knowledgeable, relaxed, and offers just the right level of attentiveness. And the food is delicious. I had the soup of the day, a perfect caramelized carrot and apple soup, followed by a hearty and flavourful mushroom ragu (vegan). My husband had the shrimp and chicken curry pasta -- which he loved -- and we shared a slice of fantastic in-house-made chocolate and peanut pie (light, not overly sweet, delicious). We were sorry to have the meal end. If you're looking for a relaxed evening out, with good food and atmosphere, ignore the line-ups at other places and try The Bay Leaf Eatery.

7 Thank Sue K
Toronto
“Fabulous Dining”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal in a lovely setting with very good service. Scallops were scrumptious. Shrimp chicken curry pasta imaginative and delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. Will return. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014