“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of The Great Dane - CLOSED

The Great Dane
Cuisines: Canadian, European, Danish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milford, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Two Nights we dropped in at The Great Dane, having been sailing in the fog and looking for a great meal. Sat at the bar and had great service, great food. Great conversations with Jason and Evan. Jason took great care of us. Wish I had utilized his knowledge on wine, found out too late. Both nights we arrived late and they took Great care of us. This is my first time in Lunenburg and because of the people like Jason and Evan (and family) we will be coming back soon.
Can't say enough on how well we were treated and how great the food was.

I have read some of the other reviews and I can't compare TGD to the previous restaurant, all I can say is there must have been a reason they are no longer there.

I found the décor of TGD fine, open and airy.

We will be going back, and its a 10 hour drive for us.

• Visited August 2013

Charlottetown, Canada
“Can't wait to come back”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Spectacular meal ! by far one of the best meals i've had in the Nova Scotia area. I will definitely recommend the restaurant to all my friends. The steak was cooked just perfect, No complaints. Looking forward to my next meal.

“Can you say AWESOME?!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The food was spectacular, the staff knowledgable and very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my meal thoroughly and will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
Saint John, Canada
“Outstanding Service and Impeccable food”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

One of the best meals we have had in many years. Service was of the highest standard. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. From our appetizers to our desserts we savoured every bite. Love the local feel as well as the wine list. We will definitely be coming back, and if you haven't eaten @ The Great Dane, we suggest you do!

Lunenburg, Canada
“Do not recommend”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Night started off great. The waiter knew everything about wine that a fine dining waiter should, and had a great upbeat attitude. Unfortunately that is where the good ended. The calamari was not the greatest. It was dry and bland, very chewy. It needs a dipping sauce or something, and to not be overcooked. We have also been told since eating this meal that the squid is caught in Lunenburg Harbour!!!! Now I know that there are still a few houses around lunenburg and garden lots that dump their raw sewage into the harbour, so this just really grossed me out. If people wont swim in there, why are we being fed food from there?
The steak was undercooked for my liking. I asked for it well and it came out pink and bleeding. I sent it back and could hear the chef telling the other employees that I didn't know what I was talking about and don't know how I like my steak. You don't have to be a genius to know that well done means no pink and especially no blood.

I did not appreciate the chef's poor attitude and his feelings on how he doesn't have to please the locals, just the tourist, so we left with no dessert, and WILL NOT BE BACK

This restaurant is a flop. The Trattoria had much better food for a cheaper price, and nicer decor (the new place has a terrible paint job and tacky pictures printed off of Google). This place portrays zero romance for such a "high end restaurant".

We will not be wasting our money again.

3 Thank lunenburglady