“Very disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had read reviews that were very good and decided to celebrate my birthday at this restaurant. We ordered the surf and turf and the only good thing was the shrimp. The Vegetables were only warm when we were served and tasteless. The turf was like liver. We had ordered medium and it was served to us very well done and tasteless. We were very disappointed with our meal and also the service. The waitress forgot our wine, we had to request it. Will not be returning.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank linric

Jacksonville, Florida
“Another Gem in Lunenburg”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We went to Risser's with friends who like us loved the food that Risser's Chef Konrad prepared while at the King's Plate. We weren't disappointed he still has the magical food touch. Three of the four had the Chef's special (Surf and Turf) and described it as wonderful. I had the pork tenderloin with scallops and shrimp. It was great. Service by Bonnie was wonderful.
All in all this was a memorable dinning experience. Go, you won't be disappointed.
Did I mention that the decor in both the Dinning room and Lounge is outstanding.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A boorish owner ...”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I would have given this restaurant a 4 star for food preparation and service. The food was incredibly good and the service outstanding. However, there was an incident which thoroughly turned me off the restaurant.

Apparently my husband and I chose to dine the same evening as the "owner" and his "guests" did. We were treated to a spectacle of the owner dressing down a service staff member because he and his guests didn't have their usual table. There was a table of 10 reserved and the staff had that table set for the reservation. The owner was not happy and apparently a lot of people needed to know that. The owner forced the staff to put the reserved customers at another table so he could have his "usual" table. I was embarrassed for the staff and disgusted with the owner for treating people that way. Because of this I would never return nor would I recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Chris E
Nova Scotia, Canada
“A super find”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were wandering around Lunenburg wondering whether we could find an easily accessible restaurant for an older lady with mobility issues. Rissers fit the bill entirely, with elevator service to the restaurant from the hotel lobby. A glance at their interesting menu board told us they were currently featuring fresh halibut in various presentations - we were hooked!

Cream of cauliflower soup and bacon-wrapped scallops were tasty appetizers. We each ordered a different halibut dish - yummy on all counts. Desserts were wonderful.

The atmosphere in this restaurant was casual chic in muted colours. There is an outdoor seating option if preferred. Service was courteous and timely - in all, we will definitely be returning to Rissers.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Memorable Dining”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Visiting from Ottawa, we had really no idea where to dine when we arrived in Lunenburg and stumbled across Rissers once we had parked our car. The menu was small but thoughtful. The staff were helpful, professional and friendly. The restaurant was modern and the seating comfortable.

As for the food, it was spectacular. My husband enjoyed the seafood chowder (no shortage of seafood in this chowder) and fishcakes and I had a pesto chicken sandwich, which was amazing in flavor and presentation. Unfortunately, we missed getting pictures on our first visit but got them on the second later in the week:)

On our next visit, we went with family and I loved their fish and chips. It was fresh and light. My daughter had their chicken caesar salad, which was perfectly dressed and the chicken very flavorful. My husband was crazy about the lobster quiche with salad.

The staff were incredible and it was a very memorable meal.

• Visited July 2013