“Great fish, great fries” 4 of 5 bubbles

The South Shore Fish Shack
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Montreal, Canada
“Great fish, great fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The service was great, welcoming and quick considering the line up. We had battered fish with poutine. The fish was nice and light (not in calories unfortunately!) and the fries were some of the best that I have had. The only thing I would say is that the sauce on the poutine tasted a little watered down. However all in all I would definitely go back!

Washington, DC
“Best fish and chips ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went here three times in our four days in Lunenburg and just loved it. The fish and chips are, to my mind, the absolute best ever. The batter is just light enough and is made with some of the good Propeller beer that they sell. The fish pieces are enormous, so 2 pieces of fish with the fries is more than enough. The fries are awesome too - fresh and crispy and soft and the same time. Ridiculous. The fish and chips also come with this really great dill tartar sauce as well as a bit of almost sauerkraut style coleslaw. The only thing I didn't like here was the lobster sandwich - it was a lot of shredded lobster as opposed to chunks and I didn't care for that.

The views from the two outside decks (there is a lower deck and even though the line can be long there is plenty of seating) are perfection and I can't imagine anything nicer than eating fish and chips, with a good beer, over looking the beautiful Lunenburg harbor.

Bridgewater, Canada
“Looking For Fresh Seafood ....Look no more !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you are ever in the little Town of Lunenburg ...you need to stop at the FISH SHACK . It has the best fresh fish in the area ...Seating outside & in . Very reasonably priced . Please give it a try :-)

Mississauga, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Fish and chips excellent according to my hysband (English) I had a lobster roll excellent lots of lobster. Not fancy just really good food and a great view to top it off

• Visited July 2014
Toronto
“Best fish & chips other than home made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Well visiting my best friend in Bridgewater we decided to go to Lunenburg for lunch. I am not really a fish eater but when I can walk into a place and not smell the fish I am willing to give it a try. We placed our order and they give you a lobster that lights up when your order is ready and you pick it up. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this meal was.The fries where home made and the fish was lightly battered so you had more of the fish plus it was well portioned. We sat out on the lower deck with a glass of wine and our dinner plus a view of the harbor and the Bluenose Golf Course. If you are in Lunenburg give this place a try and the view is to dye for.

1 Thank wintertravler