“Poor service.”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Poor service.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The food met my mediocre expectations, but the service was poor. The original waitress who seated my family of four disappeared , never to return. Another woman took our order , but a couple who came in after us were served first. They ordered the same fish and chips as we did. Perhaps they were served our order.

Visited July 2014

“It Was Just Okay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was a little bit disappointed. I was expecting a lot more then what we got. I had been there in the past and it was really good, but I didn't get the same service or quality of food the second time around. Not sure if I will go back again or not.

• Visited August 2013
Beaumont, AB
“Restaurant highly disappointing - wished we are somewhere else. (Didn't stay at the inn)”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

For the price one would expect better quality of entrees. $27 lobster dinner overlooked with butter chunks? Chicken burger cooked with old oil resulting in a funky aftertaste? This is not a quality meal to match the majesty of luneneburg! Further sides of soggy mashed potatoes, rock hard "home style fries" & frozen vegetables left much to be desired. Also! To change sides to salad or fries was an extra charge of $3-5 (probably would have been lacking in quality anyways)! To top it off we received very poor service and were essentially neglected for our supper. Not impressed. #legit

los angeles
“Great food, wonderful desserts....”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed a very nice lunch...location was great, ate on the patio....wonderful staff who were working hard during the peak season! Oysters, lobster, DESSERTS were fantastic in selection and quantity...all home made and served with true pride!

Toronto, Canada
“Only place we could find that had power during TS Arthur”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived in Lunenburg in the middle of Tropical Storm Arthur. A lot of establishments didn't have power and we were starving. We thought about going to Subway down the street, but then found Dockside. We should have stuck with Subway!
My husband and I had the fish and chips. Very small portion and too much batter. My oldest son had a cheeseburger which they brought with relish, mustard and ketchup already on it. We scraped the condiments off the meat and then asked for a new bun. The waitress wasn't too impressed! Sorry, I didn't know we had to ask for it to be served plain. Normally, condiments are brought to the table and you can serve yourself. My youngest son had fried shrimp - they were definitely not fresh or anywhere close to it. Small, overcooked and completely unappetizing.
Wishing we had stuck with the turkey sub from Subway!

• Visited July 2014