“Food was good - Price was right”

The Dockside Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Oh wow, normally I always read reviews on Tripadvisor before stepping into a restaurant. With this one I didn‘t and I am glad I didn‘t. My Boyfriend and I enjoyed our Fish and Chips quite a lot. The fish was nicely cooked through and the buttering around it was crunchy how we like it. (View Picture)
Staff was very nice and didn‘t hesitate bringing us more ketchup, water or tartar sauce. Yes I do believe the french fries weren‘t home made and yes the tartar sauce was packaged as well, but it still tasted good and for that price I won‘t complain.
Atmosphere on a summer day is amazing. You can overlook the waterfront of Lunenburg while sitting outside on a balcony.

1  Thank Isabel S
There are newer reviews for The Dockside Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2014

First off - the view is amazing. Secondly - the beer is cold. Thirdly, our waitress was absolutely fantastic!

I wished I had reviewed my TripAdvisor app before coming in since I would have steered clear but live and learn.

The food tastes like it was processed at the Highliner's facility on the edge of town. My wife's stir fry used frozen vegetables and if it wasn't Uncle Bens instant rice I'd be surprised!!! Not a good meal at all. If they had a show called "you don't want to eat here", this place would be on it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stopped over in town as its described as a "Must See" in eastern NS. Adorable village. Probably the most picturesque in NS.

Dockside is the largest outdoor 2 floor dining overlooking the Bluenose Sailing Vessels, and other charter vessels. We were there on a Friday at 1PM and we got in right away.

While we waited for lunch there was an outdoor folk singer on the pier. Visitors strolled the pier below.

The restaurant is dated, and nothing fancy. Service was pretty quick. The location is better than the food but its not bad. I would eat there again but there is a row of restaurants all together. We stopped there on a "walk by".

We split a breaded zucchini plate and 2 Caesar salads. We paid about $47US no liquor .

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Have eaten here a number of times over the years and the food has always been good. This time we went for lunch. We were seated by 11.45am so we beat the rush, the outside section of the restaurant was completely full by 12.15pm. We both ordered scallops. I had the deep fried ones and my wife had the bacon wrapped. Both were very fresh and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, and our food was served very quickly (We did arrive before the rush). The view of Lunenburg harbour is always great.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The food was average but the look out is beautiful. The side order of coleslaw was flat and tasteless. The beer was chilled and the service was friendly.