“Slow service and a chipped tooth!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Salt Shaker Deli
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Halifax, Canada
“Slow service and a chipped tooth!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for lunch just before 1pm on a sat. Was expecting it to be busy but we had over an hour and half before we had to be out of there, so we figured that would be enough, it wasn't. We sat down, ordered drinks, then food, all within good time. I got the lobster roll, my boyfriend ordered the chicken club. It took almost an hour for our food to arrive, but, it came fresh and hot so we were happy! The chicken club was good, my lobster roll was, well, ok at best. But about 3/4 of the way through my meal, I bit down and heard a crunch and felt a shooting pain through my 2 front teeth. They managed to miss a 1 inch long piece of shell in my sandwich. I had lost my appetite. (And later realized, I also lost a small piece of my tooth!) When our bill finally came, I showed our server the shell. She apologized, took my plate and left to get the debit machine. We saw here show my plate and the shell to a man who looked to possibly be the manager. So we assumed they may do something about it. We then proceeded to wait, and wait, for over 35 mins for someone to bring the debit machine. They were no longer really busy at this point and seemed to be avoiding all eye contact. She eventually came with the debit machine at 2:15, said nothing more about the shell, we were charged in full. I do not recommend this restaurant, especially the lobster roll. Unless you want slow service and a chipped tooth.

1 Thank Kerry A

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice location but average food and service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stopped by this little deli for a quick spot of lunch as it looked very nice from the outside. The inside is also very pleasant. We ordered a chicken club sandwich and the salmon plate. Both were ok but nothing startling at all. The club sandwich was particularly disappointing and resembled something which I could have got froma quarter of the price at the subway next door. It tasted ok but I was hoping fr something a little better. The salmon plate was good apart from the face that the crostini were pretty much burnt to a crisp. In the end my wife gave up on trying to eat these and just went with the other items on the plate. I would have said something to the waitress but we never saw her again after our food was delivered. Don't think we would bother returning here as there seemed to be a lot of other options nearby which may have been better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul T
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food and outstanding, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This place is worth the hype. The food is excellent (we ate there three times in six days)! The staff without exception were attentive, funny, and really engaged in assuring our satisfaction. We made a point of seeking out the owner at their other restaurant (Fleur de Sel) specifically to congratulate her on the hiring, training, and menu. Our best food experience there. Check out Fish Shack too, a third of there eateries. Great fish and chips!

Pleasantville, Canada
“Nice restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We saw this restaurant featured on the Food Network show You Gotta Eat Here and decided to try it. We both had the Seafood chowder, which tasted good, but for the price could have had more seafood and vegetables in it. It didn't look anything like the bowl of chowder shown on the show, which was heaped with seafood. I expect that's probably done a lot on the show to get customers in the door. We also shared the Florentine thin crust pizza. I know it's easy to overbake a thin crust pizza, but the crust around the edge was nearly all black...definitely not the best pizza we've had. We may go back another time to try their sandwiches, which looked good and may have been more filling than what we ordered. After paying a $37 bill, we were both still hungry after we left...

Blaine, Washington
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND LOCATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great food and service..... definitely recommend the Lobster Mac and Cheese, Lobster roll, the chowder and hummus. Everything is freshly made and unique.

Try it you'll definitely like it!