“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

From the reviews this was our first choice to eat at - there was a queue for tables at 7.30pm so we left our name and went to the book shop to kill time, on our return our table was ready. The waitresses were great - very helpful explaining and advising. My Caesar salad was lovely but my partner's pizza was burnt - when we were checked on he pointed this out and were offered a replacement but he didn't want to wait so ate the centre only. A reduction was made on the bill, so not too bad but it was disappointing.

Victoria, Canada
“Very very good”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is very very good..my husband and I went here from bc . We ordered a pound of mussels and a pint of beer .there was 10 choices of flavours to choose from . We also ordered a sandwich that was delicious . The service and the patio was awesome . Thanks again.

2 Thank Dana W
Sackville, Canada
“One of our best meals in Lunenburg”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Maybe we showed up at the right time (late evening sunset of a warm day), or maybe we were just simultaneously hungry and lovestruck with the small port town in which we had just arrived. Whatever this confluence of factors was, it led to a great meal with my girlfriend -- easily among the best during our stay.

We shared the cold smoked salmon platter for an appetizer (for smoked salmon, this wasn't bad in terms of quantity vs. quantity-paid) along with drinks. I'd recommend the cucumber gin and tonic or any offering from the nearby Ironworks distillery.

After this, we both shared a seafood pizza and dish of mussels in creme sauce. You can't argue with fresh seafood, and both dishes were very good.

The server was very friendly and helpful, the ambiance was great, and we weren't rushed out (or even felt pressured) when we, along with a few other couples, were allowed to linger after closing.

I had a great time here, and would recommend it highly -- the only suggestion I'd make is to avoid peak hours, but this goes for any establishment in old Lunenburg.

Halifax, Canada
“Slow service and a chipped tooth!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for lunch just before 1pm on a sat. Was expecting it to be busy but we had over an hour and half before we had to be out of there, so we figured that would be enough, it wasn't. We sat down, ordered drinks, then food, all within good time. I got the lobster roll, my boyfriend ordered the chicken club. It took almost an hour for our food to arrive, but, it came fresh and hot so we were happy! The chicken club was good, my lobster roll was, well, ok at best. But about 3/4 of the way through my meal, I bit down and heard a crunch and felt a shooting pain through my 2 front teeth. They managed to miss a 1 inch long piece of shell in my sandwich. I had lost my appetite. (And later realized, I also lost a small piece of my tooth!) When our bill finally came, I showed our server the shell. She apologized, took my plate and left to get the debit machine. We saw here show my plate and the shell to a man who looked to possibly be the manager. So we assumed they may do something about it. We then proceeded to wait, and wait, for over 35 mins for someone to bring the debit machine. They were no longer really busy at this point and seemed to be avoiding all eye contact. She eventually came with the debit machine at 2:15, said nothing more about the shell, we were charged in full. I do not recommend this restaurant, especially the lobster roll. Unless you want slow service and a chipped tooth.

1 Thank Kerry A
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice location but average food and service.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stopped by this little deli for a quick spot of lunch as it looked very nice from the outside. The inside is also very pleasant. We ordered a chicken club sandwich and the salmon plate. Both were ok but nothing startling at all. The club sandwich was particularly disappointing and resembled something which I could have got froma quarter of the price at the subway next door. It tasted ok but I was hoping fr something a little better. The salmon plate was good apart from the face that the crostini were pretty much burnt to a crisp. In the end my wife gave up on trying to eat these and just went with the other items on the plate. I would have said something to the waitress but we never saw her again after our food was delivered. Don't think we would bother returning here as there seemed to be a lot of other options nearby which may have been better.

1 Thank Paul T