“The line up goes to the door!”
Review of Old Town Bakery

Old Town Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Ladysmith
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a small bakery cafe with seating for around a dozen indoors and some sidewalk tables and chairs. We were looking for some coffee to go with a treat we already had from Salt Spring, but came away with cinnamon buns the size of your head (only a mild exaggeration) and a beautiful loaf of cheese bread. They do have drip coffee but since the focus is the baking there was no espresso, I'm rarely a fan of drip but even that was alright.

I had the peanut butter cream cheese topped almond bun, and my girlfriend the traditional cream cheese topped. The dough was perfect, topping rich but not overly sweet and even the side pieces weren't dry as they could easily be.

If you drive past and see the place packed, go in anyway and embrace the opportunity to slow down, wait your turn and remember to pick up something to take home as well. I wish we had some buns today but at least there is cheese bread waiting to be my breakfast.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I could be a little prejudice because I lived in Ladysmith for 10 years, but we always went back to the bakery for their cinnamon buns. No one could match or even come close to the huge fluffy treats with a choice of almost any topping you could possibly think of. All the tasty morsels are beautifully made on the premises and they also have the best cakes - not too sweet and just the right amount of filling and icing. Coffee time is busy and you may have to sit outside and enjoy the activity on 1st Avenue! I know of people who travel great distances just for the cinnamon buns - try them!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Delicious. It truly has the best buns. The business has been around for an incredible amount of time, a part of Ladysmith's heritage.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

These have to be the best Cinnamon buns I have ever had, the problem is deciding which flavour. The bakery opens at 7am, and the cinnamon buns are gone by noon, the breads, baked goods and the coffee are all good. The bakery is in the Center of Ladysmith, across the street from the Royal Bank.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

When passing thru I usually try and stop here to pick up treats. The bread is fresh and muffins are good. They have really good cookies too!

The lunch food looks good but have never tried.