“Excellent Bakery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Town Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Ladysmith
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ladysmith, Canada
“Excellent Bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fresh,and tasty. I buy raisin bread early in the morning to toast with my coffee. Birthday cakes are awesome and they have the worlds best cinnamon buns

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“One of the Best in Canada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I am always in search for the best baking and pastries. I've been to a plethora of bakeries in Canada and this is one of the best!
Vancouver Island is a gem for bakeries but this definitely was the best! I would highly recommend it for lunch or a treat!

• Visited March 2014
Alberta
“The best bakery gem on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

OMG, what a wonderful bakery.. I still crave those darn cinnamon buns and the cream puffs. Get there early otherwise you may find some empty shelves.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cinnamon buns ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

You feel like a chewy gooey affordable big cinnamon bun? Then that's the place to go! My favorite is the chocolate pecan but really they are all good! I love their fresh breads too! Best cheese bread ever! So happy I live so close to this bakery!

Alberta
“Find a Little Piece of Heaven in a Cinnamon Bun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am a self-described cinnamon bun connoisseur. And whenever I travel to some place new, if I see a local bakery, I stop in to see what they have. There is a caveat, however: if the bun costs in the neighbourhood of $5 or more, I pass. It is, after all, just a cinnamon bun - not a meal. And unfortunately, you cannot tell by appearance whether or not a cinnamon bun will be what you imagine it should be.

So we are returning to Victoria from a drive up the coast and decide to pull into each little town that we pass. I had never heard of Ladysmith, but now this name will live in my memory forever as the place that houses one of the best bakeries ever. And I say this based on just ONE cinnamon bun. It was so good that it made me think, how can they go wrong with anything else?

In my time, I have had doughy, dense, over-buttery and so-sweet-your-teeth-hurt type of cinnamon buns from bakeries. This one was PERFECT in texture, taste and sweetness. I got the one with almonds - which was a taste adventure in itself - and could not believe how good it was. Had I known, I very likely would have purchased a half dozen of the different varieties that they feature.

We are not likely to pass by this way often, so that's the sad part. I highly recommend anyone who is a cinnamon bun fanatic to come by and have one for me... oh, and it will only cost you $2.95.

• Visited May 2014