“Great sushi and friendly service”
Review of Sushi Wara

Sushi Wara
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
BC, anada
“Great sushi and friendly service”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were looking for a good restaurant in Ladysmith as we traveled down the island. Thanks to Trip Advisor we discovered Sushi Wara. The sushi was terrific and the service exceptionally friendly. The restaurant itself is perfectly pleasant for a shopping-centre eatery, but nothing to write home about. The day we were there the weather was cold and unpleasant and we found the restaurant cold (not helped by the front door being left open too often), though that is probably seldom the case. We will definitely return next time we find ourselves in the Ladysmith area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Judy N

Duncan, Canada
“Forget so called "good" sushi on the Island, this is THE only place to go...”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am so tired of people telling me that Island sushi with all of its over-sauced and so-so fish, cut incorrectly is the "best" they've ever had. Please. After 28 trips to Tokyo for business over a two decade period, I can tell you Sushi Wara IS authentic from start to finish. If the fish isn't fresh or up to their standards, it's not on the menu. If there's something fresh and new at the market, it becomes the daily special. If you want a traditional sushi experience where you actually get to taste the fish and not some kiwi-mayo-Sriracha excuse of a roll.....go hear. They are kind enough to remember your name, remember your favorite table/booth and ply you with extra goodies to keep you coming back and mentioning them to your friends. Tell them "Terry-san" sent you. Oh ya, lunch specials are great as well and yes they have one or two "Canadian" rolls as well to tide you non-traditionalists over....and CHEAP!

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver Island
“Wow! Sushi Wara is Ichiban in my books!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This restaurant is one of those little surprises that travelers are looking for. Absolutely top notch food preparation combined with a very friendly staff. If you stop in one restaurant in Ladysmith, BC, be sure that it is Sushi Wara.

1 Thank jsundog
Ladysmith, Canada
“best sushi on the island in my opinion”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It took another person, not living in the area, to tell me how good this restaurant was before I tried it, and here it is at my own back door. She was not wrong. It is absolutely amazing. The food is delicious! Beyond delicious I would say. The restaurant is immaculate, the menu has so many options, it's difficult to pick the right one, but I don't think from the raves around us, that any seem like the wrong choice. I know we were thrilled with ours. I have tried sushi all up and down the island and in my opinion, I do believe this little gem has every one else beat hands down!

Ladysmith
“Welcome to Ladysmith”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have been to Sushi Wara for lunch twice and take out twice. I'm picky about my sushi and am really pleased to have this new place in town. The rolls are excellent, hubby likes the lunchboxes, and the service is very friendly. My only negative comments are; the sunomono salad presentation is beautiful however the taste is a bit bland, and most of their rolls are based on the california roll - a bit more variety would be welcome. Their special roll of the day has always been excellent. We will definately keep going back for more.