“Bring a Microscope and a Sense of Humour”
Review of PK's Bohemia Country - CLOSED

PK's Bohemia Country
Cuisines: German, Greek, Seafood
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stopped in for takeout as PK Bohemia Country Cafe looked attractive. The server/owner was friendly although his tone changed slightly after I declined a tip on the debit machine: I felt as I was picking up and not staying, that this was appropriate; however, I have learned my lesson, as you will see. The menu offered one piece of halibut for 7.95. Again, erroneously, I thought that would include chips. (I can hear my granddad now: "read the small print and never assume"). While I didn't say anything at the time, I was somewhat taken aback at the bill, which,l including tax and chips was 13 or 14 odd dollars (another reason I gave no tip). Still, I was hungry, and was invited to sit outside in nicely appointed patio area while I waited. After an acceptable 8-10 minutes, I took my order of two small brown paper packages. One felt nice and heavy (ahh plump fries I thought), the other was slightly lighter. On arriving home, I opened the heavy package to find not fish, but four plastic containers of condiments! But worse was to come: opening what I now knew to be the disappointingly meager food portion, I was initially further amazed to see no fish. But on second glance, and after a rummage through all - wait for it - 11 fries, I found an odd shaped potato chip...that was my tiny portion of halibut. 11 chips and a fish finger for nearly 14 dollars is daylight robbery. The final coup de grace was bland soggy nature of the whitish doughy undercooked batter and the sliver of fish. The small chips were average to middling - all 12 of them. I can't help chuckling at how I was essentially conned. Bohemia indeed - anything goes: I feel violated.

4  Thank Paul N

Reviewed 16 August 2014

A new fish and chip shop on the Highway in Lady Smith Nice Pet friendly outdoor patio. The fish is tempura style The fish portions were of a good size the chips were small the menu is a bit different you are ordering each item not a fish and chip combo plate a bit confusing the fries where a bit soft and the fish coating some what white looking the server was very friendly here's all the best to them.