“Good basic restaurant”
Review of Ricky's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ladysmith, Canada
“Good basic restaurant”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Nothing fancy, just basic Ricky's food. I like the variety on the menu and the place is in a very easily accessible location off Hwy 1 in Coronation Mall.

Visited November 2011

Nanaimo
“A little 'hair' with your fries?”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Waited almost an hour for food. The staff was not friendly, in fact they made us feel unwelcome. When the food finally did arrive, it was terrible. Clearly it had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time. I had maybe 2oz of roasted turkey on my plate and green beans swimming in butter. This of course after I specifically told the server I was Celiac and could not have butter! The yam fries, both mine and my daughter's had hair in them. Not ours of course. My daughter's hamburger was an overcooked sole of a shoe (it easily could have been). The server was no where to be found to be able to correct the mess or even offer an apology. When we did complain, it didn't even seem to phase the server who went on to bill us for everything. The manager completely ignored us and seemed visibly put out to be bothered by our concerns. She never offered even as much as a thank you, nothing at all. After two corrections the bill was finally adjusted and we were pretty much rushed out of the restaurant.

We always go to the Ricky's in Nanaimo. 100% BETTER! Excellent service and good food with no extras! We won't be back to this location and neither will our friends. They ruined my daughter's free birthday meal!

• Visited August 2012
Canada
“A nice little restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Food was good, service was great and I believe they actually were glad to have us eat there. Would consider eating there more often if I lived in the area.

Visited September 2011
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Another Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Nothing unique or particularly interesting here. Not good, not bad just average. Another chain.

Visited April 2012
Duncan, Canada
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

When I lived in Ladysmith, I used to take some one to this restaurant every Thursday morning for breakfast for a treat for them.
The service was quick, polite and the food was good as well..
The person I took was special needs and does make some noise on occasion, but the staff was fine with it and never a problem..
They have tv's on the wall and that can be a little annoying, but when ever I asked them to either sit us where we can't see them, they did their best to do that..Or if they couldn't, then they were willing to mute the tv and and or turn it off for us as the person I was with is distracted by things like that..

• Visited November 2011