“Just don't go here.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ricky's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just don't go here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Myself and daughter were traveling through ladysmith and we were starving.We decided to stop here for some lunch. I wasn't expecting to be blown away just figured it a better choice then drive through fast-food. Entering we were not greeted. Observed three women notice us and not one come over to seat us. One did eventually. Very unfriendly (you could tell it was very much work for her to deal with us). Once seated and drinks ordered I also witnessed another Server seat a table and actually sit on the table behind her while taking their order. Gross. Once our food eventually arrived the theme continued. Completely greasy. My sandwich consisted of old lettuce half a tomatoe and a breaded deep fried piece of fish sopposedly halibut. Our meal Was affordable however we would have been so much more satisfied getting fast-food. Also we would have received better service from the two minute drive through then we recieved from the forty minutes we were here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Beth D

Sidney, Canada
“EH, NOT SO MUCH!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My partner and I went for breakfast , which find is a difficult meal for restauranteurs if you order eggs. My partner asked for CRISP bacon, and when it came, OF COURSE the bacon was flabby. Not going back there again.

“Unfriendly and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

My girlfriend, daughter and I have visited this location several times and each time it's a different disappointment. Poor service, unfriendly servers/atmosphere and the food always makes us use the bathroom (not in a good way). Not to mention one particular staff is very harsh whilst training a new employee. Overall I'd advise McDonald's to be a better option to all those who wish to eat out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Canada
“Coffee Only? Think again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Though Ricky's has a good basic menu, my husband and just wanted a coffee. It was mid afternoon and cold out, so we thought we'd look out over the ocean and a cup of java. Though there is a McDonalds, we wanted to just sit in a booth.
That was a wrong choice. The service was just o.k., though we were the only other couple in the place and we saw 3 women behind the counter area. We asked if just a coffee would be ok? not inconvenient? we were told to take a seat, so we took a seat.
It took a LONG time for 2 6 oz cups to arrive. I thought they'd forgotten us! So,after it go there we chatted for awhile. No waitress offered a refill ( they were very small cups). Finally, just as we were about to gather our things, a waitress appeared and refilled...only half a cup, though, as we didn't want too much.
We finished and went to the till where my husband waited for the waitress, I went to the ladys room. When we joined up again I asked him in passing "how much ?" My husband choked out
" would you believe $6.00?" I just stared at him. I mean.. less than 8 oz??
We'll never do that again. Food may be fine, but sometimes you need to tend to the smaller orders to reap larger ones.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kerrista
Ladysmith, Canada
“Good basic restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Nothing fancy, just basic Ricky's food. I like the variety on the menu and the place is in a very easily accessible location off Hwy 1 in Coronation Mall.

Visited November 2011