We booked this hotel due to its mentions on the snowmobile websites. You have access to a number of trails from the parking lot, and there is a special snowmobile parking area. When we visited there was a blizzard, but trails weren't open.
Staff was terrific. Lindsay, the evening front desk clerk, was so friendly! She chatted with us whenever we came or went, recommended places to eat, made sure we knew about the 6 o'clock social (with nachos!!), and was a terrific ambassador for the hotel. The room was very pleasant and clean, with nice towels. We checked out the pool but did not have time to try it. The evening social is nice after a long drive, so we could munch and think about where to eat rather than have to leave the comfy hotel to drive in the blizzard. The morning buffet is very filling, with porridge, eggs, sausage, waffles, orange juice, cereal and more. It would be a terrific start to any tourism or snowmobile riding in the area. The persons in charge of the food (both evening and morning) came to talk to us and say hi. Even the staff person cleaning on our floor chatted with us as we were leaving.
This hotel has the best, friendliest staff of any place I have stayed in a long time. I can't wait to try the snowmobile tour again, and will definitely launch from the Residence Inn by Marriott.
We also chatted with a fellow who was finishing a 6 week stay at the hotel on business, and he was also very happy with his long-term stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf is the newest of Muskoka hotels and is situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Muskoka. Our Gravenhurst hotel's location is perfect for business and leisure travel, offering proximity to Muskoka's most iconic destinations and attractions. When you stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka, you have Lake Muskoka's sea adventures, Muskoka shopping and dining, and beautiful Muskoka Wharf at your availability. You also have easy access to nearby Muskoka Boat & Heritage Center, Hardy Lake's hiking trails, Santa's Village, Muskoka Bay Club golfing, and more. Our all-suite hotel in Muskoka provides complimentary breakfast, high-speed Internet access, and pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf Hotel Gravenhurst
- Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf Muskoka District, Canada