“How Disapointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taboo Muskoka Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gravenhurst
Taboo Muskoka Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Gravenhurst
A TripAdvisor Member
“How Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2003

For months we had anxiously awaited our overnight stay (July 22,2003) at Taboo. We are not golfers but imagined the resort to be outstanding. It had wonderful ammenities and lovely restaurants. It would be magic. NOT!!! Here are the three things that happened to me, that I absolutely do not expect to happen for $409.00 per night. (By the way their "deluxe suite" (#329) simply includes a small jacuzzi tub, a small gas fireplace and 2 queen beds...oooooh and a view of the lake!) 11:00pm and time for bed. I pull back the sheets and the bottom sheet does not fit the bed. I try, my Mother the nurse tries(she can make any bed) to no avail. Obviously they have run out of Queen sheets. This means that as soon as I move in the bed, I am lying directly on the mattress. Yuk! Saturday morning and time for a shower. I get in the shower to find black mold all along the shower floor as well around the entire soap dish. I quickly remove myself from the shower. Time to leave and I decide to buy my friend, the golfer, a "Taboo" golf shirt. I drive through the resort, across the road to the Pro Shop and go inside. Keep in mind I am now at the famous "Taboo" Pro Shop, only to find they have 3 shirts left. After much questioning about their lack of merchandise, I ask about the gift shop back at the resort. To which the young showoff golf punk replies, "Ya, why don't you go and look there". No offer is made to call the Gift Shop for me, so back I go through the grounds of the resort to the gift shop. I find a shirt, take it to the desk. The nice girl rings in the $80.00 plain, white golf shirt and then ...throws the shirt at me and says "oh, we have no bags". We left...never to return.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2002

A wonderful resort! The resort is upscale, and has beautiful rooms. We were in a two bedroom suite that was very large and comfortable. They have water sports and a wonderful beach area for children. The children's club is filled with a wonderful young staff and activities. My children (4) and (6) both loved attending. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our party (we had several family member staying there also).

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravenhurst
Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Rawley Resort
Rawley Resort
#3 of 4 in Port Severn
Windermere House Resort & Hotel

Been to Taboo Muskoka Resort? Share your experiences!