We experienced the Howard Johnson Inn in Gravenhurst as a dingy and, overall, unpleasant kind of hotel. The room was large, but relatively dark and only very functionally equipped. Nothing nice about it. While the beds and bathroom were clean, there must have been at least 5 dead flies in the window frame (accessible for cleaning) and on the window sill. Not pleasant. Most annoying, however, was that we were woken up at 7:30 on a Sunday morning by two employees having a loud, personal conversation in the hallway in front of our room. After about 5 minutes of very audible chatter, I went outside to ask them whether they were aware that there were people sleeping in the room around them. They were quiet afterwards. I also complained to the person at the front desk, who apologized and informed me that she would talk to the staff. But our sleep had been disturbed anyway. Furthermore, other staff, who were apparently getting the garbage, left their truck running outside the window for a long time. The staff, with the exception of the front desk clerks, seemed to care very little that there were guests staying at the hotel.
The mattress of the bed was very soft and the pillows rather uncomfortable.
On the positive side, the front desk staff was friendly.
Ultimately, we cancelled the second night of our stay because it simply wasn't a good experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Gravenhurst reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Gravenhurst
- Howard Johnson Gravenhurst
- Gravenhurst Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn - Gravenhurst Muskoka District, Canada