“Reluctant at first... but now... will go back again.”

Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am not a lover of water but my visitor from Texas was adamant on river rafting the Exploits. I couldn't let her go alone so I reluctantly went along. It was an awesome day! The guide was very experienced, made you feel very safe and was very fun! I did not feel overwhelmed by the water at all or pressured to do anything that I didn't want to... like jump in the water. We participated in the rowing and manuvering of the raft; which helped me feel a little bit in control. We had a catered lunch on the rocks which was awesome! It was well worth the cost and the time. It is a must if visiting or living in central. I'm going back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ruth D
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Hello Ruth. Its great to hear from people who think (or thought) they would not enjoy the river rafting. I am glad you enjoyed your experience here. Now you are a Rafter! I am sure posts like yours are encouraging to those on the fence!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I loved every thing about this spot, it was clean, very comfortable, neat spot to stay. and the hot tub was awesome. I cannot wait to go back again and it also has a beautiful view of the river. I recommend this spot to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Megan V

Hi Megan,
Well I am glad you came out to enjoy our "Beautiful Spot". We love it here too! I think the view of the river from the chalets is nicer than from our house though lol. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great times with great friends. Although the weather and water temperature was not ideal, our experience was still incredible! The chalets were beautiful and had everything we needed! The hotub after our chilly adventure really added to our wonderful experience! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Brendameganlee

Hi Brenda. Sometimes it amazes me how even during the worst weather days people still use words like extraordinary to describe their experience. I am so thankful to have guides that can make this happen. A beautiful river helps too. We are so lucky to have this resource in our backyard and to be able to share it with others. Thanks so much for your very positive review!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

After a long busy day at work and driving on the highways of Newfoundland what a wonderful treat just outside Grand Falls. Two minutes of the highway are first class Riverfront Chalets tucked away on a scenic river. Clean and comfortable with all the amenities.
A perfect way to unwind with a Hot Tub on site beside the river. Tranquility at its best!
A great escape for anyone for a weekend.
A small piece of heaven!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Joanne E

A small piece of Heaven! Thanks so much Joanne.....that's an awesome way of putting it. There are hotel people and there are people like yourself who appreciate being in a setting like this. So glad to have you here. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Wow!! Just amazing!! I brought my niece here for her 16th birthday and what a time we had! My sister and mother came as well and we did the white water rafting experience and then stayed at the chalets, and it was fantastic!! The tour guide was awesome, the chalet was awesome, and it was just a perfect little get away! Couldn't have asked for any better, I would defiently recommend it to anyone. Big Shout out to the tour guide (William) who really made my niece feel special on her 16th birthday!!! Took her Salsa dancing! haha! Wonderful time!!! Oh and the hot tub was great also, after a long day of paddling, it certainly was refreshing and relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Olivia O

Hi Olivia. Well I am so happy your daughter had a wonderful birthday. Your post also portrays the trip as good for all the family which is awesome. William is coming back for his second season with us in 2014 so you know what you should do for her 17th birthday LOL? Keep those Salsa lessons coming William! For those of you who are not familiar, William, one of our guides, is a salsa instructor from Equador and teaches lessons at our lunch spot during the rafting trips. Thanks for your overwhelmingly positive review.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

we stayed a weekend in august at riverfront chalets. the chalets are absolutely beautiful. we have travelled all over the island and have to say that these are the best that we have seen. the management are extremely accomadating, example being that i had booked the river rafting but hurt my back the day before. they did not hesitate to refund my money.i was very dissapointed that i did not get to go rafting but on the other hand i was extremely happy with the chalets and operators. i would highly recommend a stay there. I WILL BE BACK, thand you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newfydiver

We keep hearing that the chalets are the best on the island. I am starting to believe that now lol! Thanks for the excellent review. I hope your back is good now. I also hope you come back paddle with us and try out what you missed! Thanks again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed here for a few days while on business on Newfoundland because I wanted to get away from the city. Amazing accommodations, amazing views, very remote and private. Although I was by myself this would be the absolute IDEAL spot to rent with a group of family or friends.

If you were looking to visit Newfoundland and wanted to "get outside" and be around nature this is the spot for you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NickWolynsky
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hi Nick. Thanks very much. It was a pleasure having you. Sorry your trip was cut short and hope your family is doing well. See you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Falls Windsor
#1 of 2 in St Barbe
The View Golf Resort
The View Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Princeton

Been to Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland? Share your experiences!