“Family Relief....”

Blue Bell Inn
Blue Bell Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The nightly rate was a relief to our pockets and the room a relief to my husband and I because we had our two children with us. Clean, two queen sized beds neatly made, no rust, no smell, air conditioned, cable television, small refrigerator, and even a microwave! The staff were friendly, a convenience store, just steps away, with a gas station, and it was peaceful, we couldn't have made a better choice. This motel would fit the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover!" I would recommend this motel to any family who craves a night of comfort during a long drive.

Room Tip: For those who do smoke but do not want to smoke in the room, for any reason, you can ask for a non-s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Impressively clean room which was very appreciated after driving on the AlCan Hwy. for hours. It was a compact but very comfortable room to stay in for the night. Also on the property, and very convenient, was a small grocery type store, laundry, and gas station. I would recommend this as a decent place to stay for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Highway
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank J A
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This accommodation we decided to stay at, since it was one of the cheaper ones on our journey in the Fort Nelson area.

We liked it with the fact that we had access to a laundromat, and that is crucial if you're away for a while, and you need to get clothes clean. We also had a gas station that was readily available.

The customer service of the staff was amiable. We had a great experience with them, and they were able to answer all of our questions as we had them.

The rooms were okay, but there was a bit of smell of what smelled like disinfectant. The ceiling wasn't complete. It looked like the ceiling paper was wearing down, and starting to peel. The beds were fairly comfortable. The bathroom could have been a bit bigger, but overall this place was quite clean.

If you're looking for a place that you need to stop at, this is a great place, and it is centrally located off of the Alaska Highway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matwaites
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My husband and I only stayed here one night but we were positively impressed. Our room was clean and there were two beds in one room and another room with a third bed. We had a comfortable nights sleep plus the staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel to others for a clean, comfortable yet affordable stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I am at the Blue bell as I am typing this and all I got to say is WOW, the front desk guy was so nice he gave me a different rate for the room which was 89$ the usual price he said was 99$, the room 201 is very clean and tidy. I had came in very late and the front desk guy was there to help me out in every way possible, its too bad the place is close to the highway because of the noise, but either than that I'd say the place is just fantastic for the rate I paid.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sychosid4
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here twice on our trip to Alaska. The first time, we stayed in #204. It was marginal but when the Super 8 wanted $178 and this was only $80, it was a value. The second time, we stayed in #104 and it was much nicer. The internet was fast and the downstairs room had a flatscreen TV. Just a cheaper alternative for a night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The highway was closed briefly and we decided to stop and stay here. This motel was $50 cheaper than most of the others we were quoted on. The room we had was 'updated' but it was very basic. Also, there was a smell in the room - smelt chemical, like from carpet or something like that. It was clean, but wouldn't stay there again. I'd pay $50 more to have a hot tub and nicer mattress and no smell. But if you're looking for a basic room just for the night, this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends