“Classy”

ONE Restaurant & 1 Lounge
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Fort Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Located in the Woodlands Inn and Suites Hotel with a separate outside entity or from the main hotel lobby. ONE and 1 lounge are both casual and fun, with friendly local staff. We pride our selves with our in-house made foods with weekly fresh sheet selections inspire by our kitchen staff. We offer full bar service each day starting at 5 pm. We also offer take out and pick up orders by calling to order in advance. Reservations can be made for special events or celebrations . Open ever day in the ONE for breakfast 6 to 9 30 am, 6 to 11 am Saturday and 7 to noon on Sunday. Open nightly 5 pm to 9 pm for dinner service.
“Classy”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fantastic food, especially the chicken pesto pasta. I haven't eaten anything at this restaurant that I did not like, whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner or lounge fare.

Visited August 2014

San Diego
“Pretty bad place”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a Caesar's Salad and a Linguini with Pesto and chicken.

Wow, this was a bad meal. The Caesar's was small but OK. The Pesto was really one of the worst I remember. You could make better pesto linguini by just buying any old pesto sauce at a supermarket and pouring that on. I think what the 'chef' had done instead was to put some dried basil into olive oil, saute it a minute, and call that "pesto". But that's not the entirety of the problem. The 'chicken' was not a nice chicken breast, but that sort of chicken-food highly processed chicken parts that Hormel or some other horrible company provides when you buy low-grade tenderized chicken. I could only eat half of this crap. But I'm not done. The waitress specifically reassured me that they knew what 'al dente' means, and that they could provide pasta that way (if she had not said that i was going to order a burger, which I wish I'd done). But of course the pasta was actually noticeably overcooked even by normal standards. Nothing like al dente. I don't slam restaurants all the time, and I understand that the Canadian North should not be held to the gastronomic standards of a big city, but I have to call this place horrible. Maybe other dishes are not so bad, but this really sucked.

• Visited August 2014
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Nice sit down with service place.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not many sit down with service places in Fort Nelson. This one has a good atmosphere, The menu is limited, but you can find some good things on it. Service was pretty good.

Visited July 2014
New Westminster, Canada
“Good eats!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ate several meals here (breakfast and dinner -- they don't serve lunch) and every one was very good -- prices reasonable for the area.

Visited July 2014
Fort Nelson, Canada
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with very tasty food. I found it a little expensive but not too bad. The service was quick and friendly and we were checked on often to see if we needed anything.

• Visited December 2013