“super hosts and a great homemade breakfast!”

Ramada Limited Fort Nelson
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Even though this is a very old, refurbished motel, it was very clean and tidy and a block away from the traffic which kept things quiet. The manager, Jason, was extremely welcoming and friendly, offering suggestions of places of interest and for dining options when asked. The complimentary breakfast was super--homemade "eggers", muffins and cookies, a nice fruit salad,as well as the usual juices, yogurt, cereals, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mog2012

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Inn FT Nelson for 4 days when my car broke down heading north. From the Front Desk staff to the wonderful family that runs the place I was taken care of - they even found a friend to rent me a car to continue my journey!!!!
This is Northern Hospitality at its finest!
Thanks Ramada!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I drive through Fort Nelson quite regularly both for work and for leisure purposes. I have stayed at a few different establishments in town: Fort Nelson Hotel, Woodlands Inn, and the Ramada.

Have to say, my choice out of the ones mentioned is the Ramada Limited. It's truly great value for what you get, whereas the others most likely would require you to dig into your pockets deeper. The staff has been personable and friendly - especially the Manager, Jason. Value is great for Fort Nelson - for the same price (or at times cheaper), you get more than you would've anywhere else. It may not have a restaurant or fitness centre built in on site - but its breakfasts are more than adequate (with a couple of hot items, mixed fruit salad, and continental items along with a variety of teas)... and apparently, you get a free pass to a nearby 24/7 fitness centre also.

Rooms were cozy and clean, and wireless internet is free. I was also advised that they are in the process of some updates and renovations too.

If you need a stopover roof over your head in Fort Nelson, try the Ramada. It's a bit modest, unlike any other large Ramada complexes found elsewhere - but I'm sure you'd be satisfied!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I'm traveling the Al-Can Highway, moving from Alaska to the Lower 48. My "child" (aka: Berkley, my 2 year old lab mix) is traveling with me. He's a very quiet, non destructive dog who travels well.

Ok, so I'm sure there are plenty of people who travel with pets who are monsters ... but mine isn't. I booked my hotel stay online, via Hotels.com, and was happy with the rate.

When I arrived I was told by the front desk agent that he almost gave my room away because I hadn't arrived yet. It was 6:00pm. Really? Almost gave my room away? What's a reservation for? So then he tells me that I've got a "really nice room" and that "I'm going to love it." I tell him that I have a dog with me and he says, "oh, well.... ummmm.... I'm going to have to put you in a "dog room" then. I'm assured that it has heated tile floors which keep them "flea free." My dog is on flea/tick medication so it doesn't really thrill me. The room is downstairs (no elevator) so I shlep my luggage down and the air conditioner is a loud window unit. Needless to say I'm not thrilled ... but I decide to roll with it .... until I realize that there's something in the bathroom that "chirps." I'm thinking that noise comes from the pipes. Then there's the bubbling toilet. Really? I paid what for this? Oh yeah, I was chared an extra $25 for the dog. Shoiuldn't the room be better if I'm paying more? I guess not. I feel ripped off! I'm seriously disapointed that a "Ramada property" is so .... well, lets say "basic." Apparently the "new" rooms across the parking lot are much nicer. Great. So I pay more for less?

I can't recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with pets. They claim to be "pet friendly" but I don't think they can claim to be "pet-owner friendly." Paying more for less isn't a bargin. Sorry Ramada ... you're off my list - FOREVER! I got better treatment at locally owned mom & pop motel last night.

Guess what hotel chains? Pet owners spend BILLIONS annually on their animals ... we're willing to pay for quality. How about you catch up and stop treating us like second class citizens? If you're worried that our animals are going to do damage ... inspect the rooms with us upon arrival and then again at check out. If there's damage, charge us.

PS: The free wifi is nice. I used it to post this review.

Room Tip: Pet Room #41 has a chirping (noise) coming from the bathroom. Annoying at best, challenging to slee...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Since the "big boys" are all along the ALCAN, the Ramada Limited is two blocks up the road away from the truck traffic noise. The owner is very friendly and the rooms are nice. Some rooms in the old building are smoking while the new building is non-smoking. Good value for your money

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I spent a night here last week while in Fort Nelson for work. I found the rooms to be spotlessly clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The beds were great and I slept very well. The decor was nice, with an accent wall and comfortable furniture. The rooms come with free breakfast in the morning, and free internet access aswell. While I did not have time to eat breakfast (I slept in, it was so comfortable!) I did see it in the lobby, and it looked great.

The best thing however was the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. As I was only in town for a night, and working close by, I chose to not rent a car. The hotel was happy to pick me up, and drove me to work! Wow, nice touch! The even offered to return me to the airport the next day, however I didn't need that as a co-worker drove me. I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful, and even the cleaning ladies were happy to lend a smile and obviously did a great job cleaning the rooms.

When I return to Fort Nelson, I will stay here again forsure. The level of service and quality of the rooms at a good price point will make the Ramada the only place I'll stay in town.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here last month on our way south and again heading back home to Alaska. The rooms set aside for pets are downstairs and tiled so they are very clean. Good sized room with everything we need. While the rate, and the $25 pet fee may seem high, they are comparable to other hotels in Fort Nelson. Very friendly, helpful staff and great fresh-baked muffins in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2012