“Good experience for an "old school" property”

Ramada Limited Fort Nelson
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Appearances can be deceiving...for such an "old school" property (room keys are actual keys, and check-in/out is by hand/pen), the Ramada room updates are good. My room was clean and well appointed with comfortable bed, sofa, kitchenette, and good TV. (Channel Guide is on Ch. 8, by the way.) Wifi works well. Plumbing/hot water/water pressure also good, and they even provide a plunger in the bathroom if needed, to avoid the ol' "phone call of shame" to the front desk. Morning breakfast nothing special but acceptable; keep your expectations real for this level of property and you will not be disappointed (in addition to the basics that are laid out, the attendant also has ham/egg buns available in the back - just ask). Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 September 2013

They are expanding/remodeling their hotel but the signage is still on the front of their remodeled building making it confusing to find the "real" hotel a block behind it. Otherwise the staff was extraordinarily friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast was better than I would have expected from a hotel on the Alaska Highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This room was adequate. The bed and shower were both very good, the TV worked and the room climate was good. Had to walk up two flights to the room, but it was quiet. It was not easy finding a restaurant for dinner, but we walked around the nearby streets and found one in another hotel. I have just two complaints. One was that a TV channel guide is not provided, and it would be helpful to see what channels are available. The second problem was breakfast. Upon check-in, we were told that breakfast would be there in the lobby, made by the co-worker who happened to be sitting there. However, breakfast appeared to be hot and cold cereal, homemade muffins, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. So my husband had fruit, coffee and a muffin, about half what he normally would eat. I had instant oatmeal. I poured water from the pot sitting on the Bunn coffee machine, dug in and found the water had been ice cold. I was looking for milk in order to have a glass to drink and could find none. There was no one around to ask. I heard two clerks talking, and apparently someone had gone out to get milk. I'm not sure why that hadn't been done the night before. Anyone wanting cold cereal was out of luck, too. Very disappointing!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hello everybody,I would like to tell you about this Ramada Inn.On the way up,I stayed here and it WAS NOT PLEASENT! On the way home,It was VERY Nice to hang my hat here!! I asked for a different room for me and Schell and my Woo's,And they were VERY Attentive to my request and gave me a VERY nice room!! People there are nice and friendly and I felt JUST O.K. there lolol.My hat's off..............

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the staff was wonderful. They have the cheapest rates for a hotel in Fort Nelson and the quality of service is outstanding. Thank you Michelle and staff for the easy check in, great room, good breakfast, and overall fantastic stay. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Started off wrong with no cancellation, prepay requirements to find when we arrived that it was an option for them to run my card and we could have made changes... No smoking room was terribly smokey with inoperable air conditioner - room was changed out immediately. Rooms quite outdated with poorly made beds and leaky toilet. Continental breakfast included expired juices from previous year although front desk mgr ran out to pick up new juices while our eggers were being made. Seemed to have better priced, newer motels on Main Street of town..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here 2012 WE had stay in 2008 both times on an Alaska trip. We enjoy our stay both times. The room is clean and large enough. WE ate breakfast here with coffee and city ham. It was better than most places. Bed was good had a good night sleep. Would stay again. Friendly staff. We could park in front of our room and walk in we like that.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple