“Manager was excellent & would recommend this place to everyone”

Woodlands Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Dawson City, Canada
“Manager was excellent & would recommend this place to everyone”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

As I arrived in Ft. Nelson, I went into the Woodlands looking for a room without a reservation & was greeted awesomely by the front desk & manager. I was proptly given a room & the the manager asked me the nature of my stay at which point I told him we were heading to Liard Hot Springs for our anniversary.
The manager, phoned the Chalet in Muncho Lake, booked me a room there & gave me brochure & told me about sites I should see while visiting there, he even offered me towels for my trip until I retured to Ft. Nelson.
You just don't find that kind of friendliness & professionalise anymore...except for at the Woollands in Ft. Nelson. Love that hotel & our company now books there first while in Nelson.

Room Tip: No need for tips, just see the manager!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate any comments that pertain to our staff and your stay at the Woodlands Inn. We look forward to seeing you in your future visits to North-Eastern BC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed at the Woodlands Inn & Suites last week on business. Upon leaving I got a phone call from the front desk indicating I'd left my Ipod in the room. They were so kind and trustworthy to find it, locate my phone number, and get in touch with me before I left town. The people are extremely friendly at the hotel and I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Woodlands Inn. We appreciate your feedback on matters relating to our staff members at the hotel. Our employees will always try to be helpful and knowledgeable to our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your future travels to North-Eastern BC
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Excellent services was provided by all staff at the Woodlands. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the attention we received for our meeting/event was outstanding. Best hotel in town.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
cashville
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The Hotel is nice the rooms are spacious and clean. The restaurant is awesome, but the internet suuuuuuuucckkkks! They don't have wifi? Its the 21st century glad you could join us. The free internet offered is super slow and for the most part useless if you want to go to any websites worth visiting. I'm sure their pay to play internet is faster, and I hope it would be because its big bucks. Seriously, who doesn't have free high speed internet anymore? I'm surprised they are not advertising colour tvs in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank johnnyrocket_11
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your concern regarding the internet. Wireless is available 24 hours in our restaurant and lounge. All guest rooms are equipped with a hard wire connection to provide the very best connection. "iHotel" is the internet server used in the hotel, which is supplied by the only Telecom company in North Eastern BC. This service provides guests with daily complimentary internet usage (1 GB of bandwidth) at very fast upload and download speeds. Internet is also available in our banquet rooms and wireless can be arranged as per your request.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed one night on the way north to Alaska. Once you get past the narrow, low ceiling, stone faced prison like hallways, it's a great place to stay. Seriously, the interior decor and design is somewhat odd (stone is the last material you want to use for decorating because of its 'coldness') but the property is good from all perspectives.

Rooms were nice, comfortable, very clean and quiet. Appears to be frequented by the guys working the local energy facililtes, some for extended stays. Slept well. Fitness center was very large and well equipped. Ate at 'One" and enjoyed the food and drink very much.

No complaints at all here. Liked it enough to stop by again on the way south from Alaska.

Nebraska
Reviewed 19 May 2011

This was a good place to stay--we stopped mid-afternoon and wanted somewhere nice. Rooms were spacious and clean and staff very accomodating.
Coffee & muffins were available in the lobby in the morning until the adjoining restuarant opened. Even though it was probably more expensive than some of the other places in town, we would stay here again.

Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Never in my life have I seen a bathtub repaired with Tuck Tape but apparently that is okay in Fort Nelson.
The hotel Manager (I assume) belittled her employees in front of me and other customers.

Room Tip: Drive another half mile to the Super 8
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the use of tuck tape in one of our bathrooms. The room in question has now been repaired by a sealer specialist. I hope that your one negative experience does not impact your overall image of the Woodlands Inn, as we would love to have you stay with us again and experience the ONE Restaurant and Lounge.