“great place!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Campbell River, B.C.
“great place!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at your hotel earlier this winter when I had a death in the family and had to fly 1000 miles to Fort Nelson. I was very impressed , the rooms were very clean and the food in One was most excellent. A beautiful hotel.
I was also pleased to get excellent service from the front desk staff, in particular a woman named Michelle who went out of her way to help my daughter with a brand new baby and myself manoever to elevators with excess baggage and deal with a crib and all the extra things you need to do with a new baby.
All in all everything was great at the hotel. Kudos to the greatest staff!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for you positive comment regarding your recent stay at the Woodlands Inn & Suites. We appreciate you feedback and will be sure to share this with our staff. I am please to hear our associates went out of their way to assist you, a standard of service all guest can anticipated receiving. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in the cleaning standards achieved and will be so happy to hear you found your room comfortable and very clean.

We look forward to serving you again in the further and do not hesitate to contact any of our associates for assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Stoney creek
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed at the Woodlands Inn and suites in Fort Nelson B.C.for ten days earlier this month. Upon arriving I knew I was at the right place to allow me to experience Fort Nelson in my style, Clean, comfortable and upper class. The owner and management ensured all of my needs were met by placing me in a mini suite equipped with a full kitchen and separate bedroom for privacy and comfort. I was very impressed with the room and the quietness of the wing where I was placed. I was equally happy with the cleanliness of the room and that the cleaning staff were so meticulous with how they kept the rooms. Bravo to the staff for an incredible job, I'm quite fussy about how clean my space is.
The restaurant "One" provided me with many daily options that satisfied my nutritional needs. Again great job and bravo to the restaurant and loungs staff
. The staff at the front desk in general were so friendly ,thoughtful and more than willing to provide me with very professional service. A great pleasure to get to know some of the staff and they were more than willing to chat and take the time to get to know who I was and what I needed while there.
The only one minor issue that occurred stands out to be one of those things that truly needs to be addressed. When I arrived at the hotel on the Thurs, I unfortunately was not accompanied by my luggage. I was forced to live in the same clothing for another day. After 20 hours of travel the only thing I really wanted to do it change into some fresh clean clothing and have a relaxing dinner at the lounge. Being forced to bath and wear the same clothing I felt it was nessecary to use perfume to mask my feeling of not being fresh and clean. I went down the the front desk and asked for directions, information and restaurant details. I spoke with a lovely young lady there who was most gracious and helpful, Dana I believe.
The dinner was great and the atmosphere even better. Soon I was off to sleep, I truly had a great night sleep this my first night at the Woodlands.The bed was truly a gift to my very tired body.
The next day I found out I would get my luggage via the in lobby computer set up for guest to use. While sitting there behind a 5 foot wall for privacy, I overheard a guest service staff member Michelle complaining as she entered into the lobby about how strong someones perfume was. Four times she asked out loud, can't you smell that, wow that is strong, too much, can't you smell that again. The other staff seemed to not be affected at all by the smell of my perfume. I sat at the computer area quietly until I heard her say. "You know who's perfume was so strong , that woman, as she loudly spoke my name, that Sharon Q and I am surprised since she is seeing all those people here".I was so offended that she could be so hurtful as she knew my luggage was lost. I stood up and said, excuse me ladies but Iam sitting right here. She immiately came over to me and said" oh no let me smell your perfume it can t be you". Lying ignorant woman is what came to mind. I told her she should look to see who was present before speaking about someone like that.
Not what I wanted to say but I truly did not want to cause an issue as the owner was a friend of a friend and kindly gifting me with the stay at his hotel. I was so upset all afternoon because of her hurtful comment. Later I saw her at the airport where I had to pick p my luggage, she was apologetic and I asked her to let it go and hugged her. I needed to release this negative from my mind as I was about to be on stage to speak for some very deserving women. My night and event was affected by her comment as was my whole stay. I love my perfume and I had never in all the years of my travel, friendships, or family connections ever heard it was too strong or offensive. I asked other staff at the hotel if my perfume was offensive as I was now very conscious to how much I was using. Although I have allowed her comments to not control how I feel about the way I smell, I do feel she needs to learn a lesson. Not just don't get caught speaking , or gossiping about someone, but that you should learn in your line of business to keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Inside voice is required at all times when dealing with the public. What I wanted to say to her is that, you are a very hurtful woman and in no way do you have the right to speak about me publicly. Public defamation is a big deal to me and I was truly hurt and insulted. My relationship with the staff at the front desk felt strained and uncomfortable after this event. I am a very giving person and throughout my stay I did not feel the natural desire to share with any of the staff there because of her interference. I spoke with the general manager, David who throughout the week went over and above to ensure me this would be dealt with. I asked him if he could please wait until after I left as I did not want to have to deal with any of the negative energy that would come from all of this. Me assured me he would wait, and he did. I am very grateful for my time in Fort Nelson and the Wodlands Inn and suites. I plan to return this June and I will stay at the Woodlands again. There may be other choices in town but none as desirable as the Woodlands inn and Suites. If I was rating this hotel and experience I would
give it a nine out of ten, because I do believe that what I experienced will never be an issue
others will face as I'm sure the guest services staff have learned a valuable lesson. I'm sure
next stay will be a ten. I decided to write this review to help the staff at the Woodlands learn from a valuable lesson. When you speak about someone else even if they are not there to hear it, someone is listening and you may drive away valuable business with your comments. If you are saying something bad about one,are we not to believe you are saying something about everyone. I was a front desk manager and night auditor many years ago and if I had a staff speak this way to anyone in my hotel, needless to say there would have been ame changes.

Room Tip: 442 is my favorite.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon Q
woodlandsinnsuites, David Moore, General Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your stay at the Woodlands Inn & Suites. We appreciate all feedback that our guests may have regarding their experience at the hotel. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Woodlands Inn & Suites, the service, amenities, housekeeping standards, food and beverage offerings and the quality of our Woodlands Presidential II Mattress. A great sleep is so important when a guest in our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staff; we feel it’s very important they read our clients feedback. Despite the serious issue you encountered with one of our associates and the impact it had on you personally, we are pleased you were still able enjoyed the hotel and the balance of your stay with us. The concern that you stated in your review is being addressed and your requested time line was respected. We would like to thank you once again for your open, honest and positive feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again in June.
Fort Nelson
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Staff were unpleasant and after arriving first and seeing other customers served, payed and departed before us was disappointing after waiting 50minutes for breakfast and our order was still not ready, we walked out. This was our second attempt after waiting 1 hour on our first experience. Will NEVER go back again!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for your immediate feedback from you experience at ONE restaurant. We are very concerned with the experience you had recently and will state that this is not our expectation or acceptable customer service level. Although I would like to ask you do give the ONE a try again in the future, I can understand you frustration and decision to not return. Based on your comments, the time was taken to review the average ticket times for breakfast, which is under 20 minutes. This can however be less and on occasion will be longer based on the volume of business and the arrival pattern of the guests. As with any restaurant operation, food production has a timing eliminate which will impact the speed in which the customer will be served. We strive to maintain our ticket time to be less than 20 minutes, even when very busy. Having checked our ticket times as outlined, I am very surprised to read you comments of waiting 50 minutes and even longer for breakfast. I only can assume there was something else which happened that impacted your service levels. As I always encourage and suggest to customers, if they have any unresolved concerns it is important to allow the supervisor or manager on duty the opportunity to correct the issue to their satisfaction. Based on the hotels commitment to total guest satisfaction and many positive comments received, I am confident given the opportunity we could have corrected your experience during your last visit. If you choose to visit us again, please ask for the supervisor or manager on duty and explain the disappointment during your last breakfast experience and I am confident they will ensure you are well looked after.
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I just returned home following a 4 day stay in your Inn...my 93 yr old mother, and sister, and I shared 2 adjoining rooms ( 104 & 106 )....this was our second stay within a year...we were greeted with such and kindness..I cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay..our rooms were very clean..our beds were very comfy...loved our coffee and muffins early in the morning in the lobby...we ate all our meals in the restaurant..the service was prompt, the food was great and the servers were friendly...the housekeeping staff were always cheerful and accommodating...the Cold Beer & Wine store adjoining the Inn eliminated the task of finding an outlet in town ( we had no wheels ) Special thanks to Michelle and the friendly staff at the front desk...they made us feel so much at home..thankyou to the young fellow and Dayna who "shuttled" us to and from the airport.Keep up the great work at maintaining a "top notch " place to stay. We will be back again some day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are perfect for the handicapped traveller. The adjoining room to the h...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Woodlands Inn. We are very pleased to hear that you very much enjoyed your experience here at the hotel. Our Inn in the only full service hotel in Fort Nelson, offering food and beverage accommodation along with banquet and meeting spaces if ever needed. We appreciate your kind words and we hope to have you stay with us again upon your next visit to North Easter BC.
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, inviting lobby filled with local info, large parking lot, lounge and great restaurant (with speedy service), good Internet.... and... Comfy beds.... I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2012
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Woodlands Inn. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again upon your next visit to Fort Nelson.
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I'm not an overly fussy person but the house keeping was sub par at best. The bedding in one of my beds was dirty on arrival. Each day when house keeping "cleaned" my room they would leave garbage, never replaced coffee or toiletries and one day I found an empty pop can that did not belong to me. I expressed my concerns to staff who assured they would look into it, however I have stayed at this hotel several times since then and if anything it's worse.

• Stayed December 2011
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Woodlands Inn. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay this time. Our housekeeping standards are usually always above par, however this issue has been addressed with our housekeepers and rectified. We hope to have you stay with us again upon your next visit to Fort Nelson.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is a great hotel in a small northern Canadian community. the staff and the manager are very helpful. If you travel north for work or pleasure, this is a place that is much better than what is usual in small Northern Canadian communities

Room Tip: Try for second or third floor. however, rooms on the main floor, even near the restaurant are quiet...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Woodlands Inn & Suites. We appreciate any feedback that our guests can provide to us. We hope to have you stay with us again upon your next visit to North Eastern BC!