“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just spent 3 weeks in one of the kitchenette units for work and I have no complaints. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were very nice, and the kitchen was fantastic. Even though I was on night shift my room was made up everyday before I got in from site. It was also one of the quieter hotels I have stayed at and this is important when trying to sleep during the day. A great choice for an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Woodlands I, General Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you Eli B for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while you where in Fort Nelson working. We are glad that your stay was quite. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Howard at the front desk was very nice and helpful and even offered his own USB plugs when we forgot ours! Price was fair a bit more than other hotels in the area. Rooms were quiet and clean. Whirlpool was closed but fitness area was new and the pool table was a nice touch. One of the best parts was the store inside, there were ice cream treats!! Happy with our stay. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you Kelly M for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days this past week and found the staff to be very helpfull.
There have a great resterant and seperate lounge. hiwever the hours that it is open is very limited. I only managed to catch it open for breakfest 1 morning and I delayed my departure to catch the meal hour on my last day. They really need to extend the hours of operation to cover times from 10:00am till 5:00pm.
other than that the rooms were nice and clean and I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Phill W for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy our One Restaurant more while you where in Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Room was exactly what we had asked for. Staff very friendly and helpful. Any request re extra glasses etc. was responded to immediately. Restaurant very good and attached to hotel so no driving needed. Every effort was made by staff to ensure out stay was great -- and it was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank youRCN66 for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We are glad that you enjoyed our One Restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
Carmacks, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

nicest rooms, had multiple rooms and kitchen, crazy clean and very up to date. I look forward to my next trip south so I can stay here again, absolutely beauty nights sleep. Fireplace and dual TV's were a great touch. Stayed here on my cross Canada trip and it was no question the best stay of the journey. Well done

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Marshal B for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson on your cross Canada trip. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is just average and not worth their price. I would compare it to a mediocre Super 8. The room and bathroom were not thoroughly cleaned. The room was simple and sparse. The staff was pretty friendly and somewhat helpful. I am really not impressed, but I did not have a horrible time. If I am to be in Fort Nelson again and need a room I will save $50 and stay at a hotel of similar value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on first night of our trip to Yukon. Very nice, clean room. More importantly has a great bed. Fridge and microwave. Nice deep tub for soaking. Friendly service. We would most definitely recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shauna H
Woodlands I, General Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you Shauna H f or reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.