“One of the worst stays”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Vancouver, Canada
“One of the worst stays”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Woodlands Inn is super inconvenient. They do not have online booking, you actually have to call and book or send an email inquiry. Though they advertise to have breakfast, they in fact do not have so much as a muffin 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time you can get a single bagged muffin. I often get bagged lunches from hotels for the type of work I do, and on a number of occasions Woodlands Inn have not included parts of the lunch that I pay for, only realizing this after I have left..There are no ironing boards or irons in the room though they purport themselves to be a classy hotel and they make you carry your own back to the room if you have the gall to ask for one. Stay at your own inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lanna W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We cane to Fort Nelson to attend my husband's 20 year high school reunion in June. After travelling for 16 hours, the quick check in was appreciated. As was the extremely comfy bed that I fell right into while my husband and kids were still talking to me!! Better than the bed at home for sure.
Unfortunately we did have an incident arise, which happens everywhere. The general manager took great care of the problem. He was very thourough and professional, and we were happy and appreciative with the out come.
If we make the trek to Fort Nelson again we will be sure to stay with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Woodlands I, General Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your input on your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us upon your next pass through along the Alaska Highway
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was pleasantly clean and roomy good value for the price restaurant had good food and prices were reasonable , the staff was helpful and nice will be back again soon I hope and I wish they had a swimming pool or hot tub but other than that we were happy to visit this very far away place

Room Tip: The room facing east are very nice ask for the king size room suites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just spent 3 weeks in one of the kitchenette units for work and I have no complaints. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were very nice, and the kitchen was fantastic. Even though I was on night shift my room was made up everyday before I got in from site. It was also one of the quieter hotels I have stayed at and this is important when trying to sleep during the day. A great choice for an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Woodlands I, General Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you Eli B for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while you where in Fort Nelson working. We are glad that your stay was quite. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Howard at the front desk was very nice and helpful and even offered his own USB plugs when we forgot ours! Price was fair a bit more than other hotels in the area. Rooms were quiet and clean. Whirlpool was closed but fitness area was new and the pool table was a nice touch. One of the best parts was the store inside, there were ice cream treats!! Happy with our stay. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you Kelly M for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days this past week and found the staff to be very helpfull.
There have a great resterant and seperate lounge. hiwever the hours that it is open is very limited. I only managed to catch it open for breakfest 1 morning and I delayed my departure to catch the meal hour on my last day. They really need to extend the hours of operation to cover times from 10:00am till 5:00pm.
other than that the rooms were nice and clean and I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Phill W for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy our One Restaurant more while you where in Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.
New Westminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Room was exactly what we had asked for. Staff very friendly and helpful. Any request re extra glasses etc. was responded to immediately. Restaurant very good and attached to hotel so no driving needed. Every effort was made by staff to ensure out stay was great -- and it was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank youRCN66 for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while passing through Fort Nelson. Your comments will be shared with our staff that is committed to service delivery and providing friendly, northern hospitality. We are glad that you enjoyed our One Restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if your travel plans include a return trip on the Historic Alaska Highway.