“Great Location, Service Could Improve”
Review of Emerald Lake Lodge

Emerald Lake Lodge
Orlando
“Great Location, Service Could Improve”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Emeral Lake is all about the location and staying out in the park. At first we were intimated by the throngs of day visitors viewing the lake from the bridge and also had to figure out the parking/shuttle system, but neither of those were an issue in the end. Once to the Lodge you are totally unaware of what's happening down on the bridge and the shuttle to/from the car worked really well should you want/need to leave the lake area during your stay. There are enough hikes from the lodge to keep you busy for a few days if that is your thing. Our unit was more than fine. If you are expecting something modern, you probably don't need to be staying in a Park Lodge anyway. We actually liked the rustic feel and spent lots of time out on the balcony taking in the lake and mountain views. My main comment on the service is that the coffee packet was never replaced, even though it was obvious had been used. I learned to check after the room was cleaned, but still had to walk down to the office to get a packet of coffee before the next morning. They do offer coffee service in the main lodge, but I need mine before embarking on that adventure. We ate in both the lounge and the restaurant and the food was good. The hot tub and sauna were both pleasant surprises and the view from the hot tub and hot tube deck were great. All in all, the whole property is a nice respite from it all and the sketchy wifi makes it even easier to disconnect (+ or -, you decide).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Let me say that despite giving Emerald Lake Lodge 3 stars I stil believe that you should stay here for at least one night on any journey through the Rockies. It's an absoltely stunning location that was amongst our favourite places on our trip.

My biggest gripe is a fairly common from the other reviews - namely that the standard of customer service just isnt of the same standard as other Canadian hotels. I disagree with those reviewers who seem to have suggested that all the staff here aren't paticularly good - that isn't the case there were some who very good but also some who would really benefit from a refresher on customer service.

7 Thank mike t
Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Possible one of the most awe inspiring places we have ever been to.
Breathtaking views and lake, very professional staff and good food/wine. Amazing night's sleep and views in the morning.
Quite a joy though not cheap. That said, if you look around then it must cost a great deal to maintain this place.
**Two warnings**:
- you have to park a seriously long way from your chalet so if you need regular vehicle access then be prepared (there is a golfcar shuttle bus though beware if you want to sort your own luggage to/fro)
- our chalet was very pleasant & comfy though a little tired around the edges and I don't know if it would get very noisy should all four chalets per building be occupied
That said, if you can ever see this place then you should.
Renting a boat for the next day was also a lot of fun (and not expensive).

Room Tip: Suggest a chalet further up the track for more peace and upper floor (there are 4x units per chalet...
1 Thank Craig-Marie
CRMRManagement, General Manager at Emerald Lake Lodge, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Emerald Lake Lodge. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First of all, be advised that there are no rooms in the lodge. all rooms are situated in quadriplexes...2 up and 2 down whcih are scattered around the property. Most of them have beautiful lake views, but the patios off the rooms are not that appealing for relaxation. Chairs are very uncomfortable and you have to step over a large riser to go from the room to the patio.

It is necessary to park a mile from the premises, and you call the lodge and they will promptly send a van to pick you up. When you want to return to your car the shuttle van provides the service. So once you're at the lodge they've got you. Nowhere else to eat in the immediate vicinity except for a light fare restaurant with limited hours that is on the property..

The lodge itself consists of a nice dining room, large lounge and bar area which are very comfortable with good food..

Compared to other nicer resort properties we stayed at in Alberta and British Columbia this one is vastly overpriced. Emerald Lake is gorgeous, but the facility itself is shopworn. I'm not sure if it's because of the rough winters or overall neglect.

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd level will be quieter. Get a room away from the bridge, as it is a picture taking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HowardGeorgia
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights and loved the wonderful views from our balcony overlooking the lake. Enjoyed two fabulous dinners in the restaurant, Charlie and Alison, the waiters were excellent.This is the start of the season so I was surprised to see the lodges looked a bit rundown, roofing needed repairing, outsides needed painting and the planting and weeding didn't reach past the main building. The driver of the bus who brought us and our luggage from the overnight parking was excellent and he transferred our luggage to the smaller cart and brought it all to our rooms which were upstairs. He did the same in reverse when we checked out at 7am. We had lunch in the cafe, served by a waitress, Laurence, who had quite an attitude, also witnessed her being rude to another member of staff behind the bar, not pleasant or professional. Overall, wonderful place to stay for the views and walk round the lake, even better when all the day trippers have left but the lodges need smartening up for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the hill, 32 and 33 are quieter and have good views of the lake, ask for an upst...
1 Thank wenders-11
Washington DC
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Emerald Lake Lodge sits in a Gorgeous location in Yoho NP. We loved the view from our King Lakeview Room. Walking around the lake and taking in all the beautiful views was wonderful. We also enjoyed being close to some nice trails for great hiking.

Unfortunately they really have some issues with service here. The staff are all pretty young and inexperienced. Most of the staff were students in town for the summer. When we first checked in we drove up to the front and one of the drivers of the ELL van caught an attitude with me to move my car. (I was waiting out of the way of other cars in the guest lot with my hazards on) Not sure what his problem was, my husband had walked up to the registration to find out where we were supposed to park. (We missed the sign for the overnight parking.) When we did get our car parked they had no intention of helping me unload bags from my car. My husband had walked to the phone to call the front desk and in the meantime the van had come, so I started to get my luggage out. I was the only guest on the bus and the driver just stood outside watching me. Strange? When we got to registration, they unloaded our bags and said they could bring them to the room. We carried some of the items (backpacks) to help with the number of items and he just looked at us and said, "Whatever" with an attitude.

Check-in was ok but we asked several questions to the front desk staff who were not helpful and seemed to have an edge and attitude. At one point I needed some help making a call and she told me I would need to find the number myself and call. I told her I had no service and would appreciate if she could help me out and make the call for me! I even saw a waitress roll her eyes at another guest when he asked for something. Just not the type of warm welcome and service you see from other great hotels.

We also had an extra charge show up on our bill at check-out. An entire meal…not sure where that came from, considering we knew exactly how many times we dined at the restaurant. They did remove it, but I am glad I caught it. There were other small issues that came up during our stay, but in the end it pretty much comes down to service. More smiles, better attitude and genuine kindness could go a long way for this place. They were not even at full occupancy so I am surprised they couldn't treat the guests who were there well! Out of our entire experience there, we only had one waitress in the lounge that was great.

The rooms are cute and rustic and I really enjoyed the setting at Emerald Lake. If they can get the staff trained a little better on customer service this place would be a real gem. Until then, stay here if you want nice views (get the lakeview) and know what you are getting into with service.

Room Tip: King Lake view room!
1 Thank Travcarib
Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on your recent stay at Emerald Lake Lodge. I would like to apologize for your negative experience at our lodge. I assure you that is not the standard we strive for. If you like to speak further about these issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.
ellmanager@crmr.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is one of the hotels you really have to stay in. Room 1202 king room with lake view was amazing. Just sitting on the balcony watching everyone on the lake was great. Even the girls singing Let it go brought a smile to your face. Bed was really comfortable. We had a meal at the restaurant which was great. Staff were very helpful. Make. Sure you do the walk around the lake.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Field
Post Hotel & Spa
Cathedral Mountain Lodge
Lake Louise Inn
Lake Louise Inn
#3 of 5 in Lake Louise

Been to Emerald Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!