“Expensive and totally worth it.”

Cathedral Mountain Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cathedral Mountain Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Field
Price range: US$1 - US$70
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I went to the restaurant at Cathedral Mountain Lodge for our anniversary dinner while we were camping in Yoho. The restaurant is a small, light-filled, inviting space with rustic decor. Our server (one of the 300 people who live in Field) was friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy chatting with us. Most importantly, dinner was fantastic: Beef Tenderloin with roast fingerlings and veg for me and Fire Roasted Vegetable Risotto for my husband. Everything on our plates was presented attractively, seasoned well and cooked perfectly. Desert was also delicious: Chocolate Terrine with Berries for myself and Profiteroles with house-made ice-cream for my husband. Overall, we were both sad when the meal came to an end.

Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this lodge and was initially planning to head to truffle pig for dinner. But the restaurant looks enticing enough and we opted to stay in for dinner. And we did not regret at all!

Service was wonderful and the meal wonderful. I especially loved the onion soup! Easily one of the best I've ever had!

The next evening, we plan to head to truffle pigs but as we stepped in at 9.05pm (long summer days can be very deceiving) the kitchen has closed. We rushed back to our lodge and they graciously served us from the appetizer menu even though the kitchen is also already closed. Great service!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This place has pretentions of grandeur, with the serving staff all speaking with English accents and being extremely polite. The service itself was poor, very slow, and I should not have to ask for a refill of my water glass at a restaurant of this type. The food itself was the same - cooked in a manner that would fool people into thinking it was gourmet, but actually much of it was tasteless. Incredibly overpriced. Stay away.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We were traveling on the Trans Canada Highway when we noticed a sign for Cathedral Mountain Lodge. Having been disappointed by the Emerald Lake Lodge on this particular trip, we decided to travel down Yoho Valley Road to see what Cathedral Mountain Lodge was like. We were so happy that we had taken the detour! The staff were pleased to show us around the property and we were amazed at the cabins on the property. They appeared clean and well appointed and we will definitely book at Cathedral Mountain Lodge on our next trip to the Lake Louise/Field area. The property is nestled in a crook of the Kicking Horse River and has a breathtaking view of Cathedral Mountain. The spring foliage and fresh mountain air added to the amazing ambiance.

We took the opportunity to also check out the dining facility. The dining room looked so warm and inviting and the menu was great. We booked a table for later that evening and we were not disappointed! Everything was fresh and the flavour combinations were spot on. From the cocktail (blueberry compote with Stolichnaya) to the house made pasta with forest mushrooms and the hand crafted truffles for dessert, everything that our table ordered was very good!

The dining room has a wonderful double-sided fireplace with comfortable seating both in the dining room and on the outdoor deck that is attached. It's a great place to sit with an after dinner drink or coffee!

The wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable and we walked away so satisfied that we booked again for dinner three evenings afterward. Once again we were so happy that we had stumbled upon this great place!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Excellent place except for the food. Breakfast scones and oatmeal were excellent but dinner menu very disappointing. We would have loved plain healthy dinner choices such as grilled fresh fish with good greens. Menu choices were heavy, too creamy and salty for us as healthy 50+ hikers. I hope this improves because I would love to return there to explore Banff and Yoho National Parks!