Stayed one night on route from Vancouver to Red Deer. Convenient location on the No 1 highway near Lake Louise. Very modest accommodation & we seemed to be the only guests. Pet friendly as we had a dog with us. The rates are less than Lake Louise proper but justifiably so. However the rates seem to be unclear as the website states per double occupancy, the phone reservation was per room & the road sign was another rate! Go figure! The view rooms overlook the very noisy highway. Not great for an uninterrupted sleep. There is a bar & restaurant. Food is expensive & the home cooking is a fairy tale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Kicking Horse Pass and Continental Divide in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We are the gateway to 3 of Canada’s national parks and over look Wapta Lake on the British Columbia side of the majestic Canadian Rockies. We're just 10 minutes from the world class skiing and snowboarding at Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Great Divide Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Divide Hotel Field
- West Louise Hotel
- West Louise Lodge
- The Great Divide Lodge Canada/Field