We stayed two nights in banff and 3rd night was expensive because of friday, so we decided to book a hotel on the way of returning vancouver. This hotel is located 40min drive from Banff towards Golden. Only problem was Check In time, which is 4pm. We arrived 1 hr before, but we were denied to check in early, which I hate the most even though it was my mistake. The front desk person was so rude and I hate to return back, But no choice left at that time. So, we decided to kill time and took a drive around the place and returned 4pm and found different person at the front desk and she was very friendly. LUCKY us! Main problem is you don't have any restaurants near by or McDonnell, Subway or Tim Hortons. So, Please plan yourself or pack your evening snacks until the restaurant opens for dinner. You have to drive either Golden 56 Km or Banff 40 min away for Subway or Tim Hortons. The View was great and Located exactly on the Highway. Best Place to stay especially the view of Rockies. Our Room doesn't have the refrigerator, but staffs were friendly and we gave our Milk products to store in the restaurant fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Kicking Horse Pass and Continental Divide in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We are the gateway to 3 of Canada’s national parks and over look Wapta Lake on the British Columbia side of the majestic Canadian Rockies. We're just 10 minutes from the world class skiing and snowboarding at Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your The Great Divide Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Divide Hotel Field
- West Louise Hotel
- West Louise Lodge
- The Great Divide Lodge Canada/Field