We were recommended this hotel by a previous staff member so decided to give it a go as accommodation in Banff was very hard to come by and expensive.
We were very impressed with what we found. So much so that we stayed 3 nights as it was so convenient to Peyto Lake, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Banff.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Simple but great. Lovely views over the lake and to the mountains. A little bit of road noise, but it didn't bother us at all. The staff were from all over the world and were knowledgable and friendly travellers.
We found the restaurant to be fantastic! Reasonably priced, very good food ( loved the pizzas ) and a nice deck to enjoy the sunshine and some beers.
It seems the off season is when renovations are done and I would not look at reviews prior to the Summer season as it seems things have changed since then! Would totally recommend this lodge!
And go early to Lake Louise - 8-830 ish before the tour buses. We hired a canoe and were first on the lake and it was stunning!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Kicking Horse Pass and Continental Divide in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We are the gateway to 3 of Canada’s national parks and over look Wapta Lake on the British Columbia side of the majestic Canadian Rockies. We're just 10 minutes from the world class skiing and snowboarding at Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your The Great Divide Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Divide Hotel Field
- West Louise Hotel
- West Louise Lodge
- The Great Divide Lodge Canada/Field