Yes this lodge may be on the pricey side but if you are looking for more than just a mountain lodge this is the place. We had a deluxe queen cabin that was located in the back of the property. The cabins have the true decor of the mountain theme and are very comfortable. We chose to dine at the lodge for 3 of our 4 nights and really appreciated the fine cuisine that the executive chef prepared. The continental breakfast is nicely presented and the fresh baked scones, cinnamon buns and other sweets were outstanding. The lodge is set right in between 2 mountains and on the Kicking Horse River. There is history to be learned about this area and what this lodge was once used for and why the river is called Kicking Horse. We are adventure travelers and hiked the Iceline Trail from the "Tak" falls as the locals refer to the falls. If you are up for the challenge this is the hike within the Yoho and Banff region. It is steep and takes 8 hours. You will be right at the glacier ice line on this hike. If you want to be where there is lots of action go to the tourist area of Lake Louse or Banff. If you want the serenity and calm of a mountain retreat stay here and appreciate what the owners of this lodge have created. Fine cuisine takes time to prepare so relax and enjoy. The staff were most pleasant. Granted this is a property that is costly but remember where you are - in the middle of the Canadian Rockies which is a long way from everywhere. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our Timber Frame lodge located in stunning Yoho National Park on the banks of the Kicking Horse River; providing unsurpassed guest excellence and attention to detail while surrounded by the lovingly re-claimed Douglas Fir post and beams. If you love the great outdoors but also love luxurious comfort, Cathedral Mountain Lodge is your perfect Canadian Rockies destination. Allow us to indulge all of your culinary senses at our Riverside Restaurant and Lounge, featuring Western Canada's best in-season regional cuisine, complimented by our diverse well-crafted wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cathedral Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Mountain Hotel Field
- Cathedral Mountain Lodge Canada/Field