My husband and I spent 2 nights here during the last week they are open during the year. I had wanted to book something other than an enormous resort to get out in the country and experience nature without staying somewhere that looks like someone took their old furniture and tacky decorations and opened up a B&B. This place couldn't be anymore idyllic. The cabins are first class all the way with the lodge feeling I was looking for. Beautiful wood floors, log beds, down comforters, fireplace and no TV! There is also a lovely river that runs along side it as well. The main lodge is also beautiful and whoever their interior designer is was well worth the money. The other plus is that their is the tallest waterfull in Canada (Takkawkaw Falls) 11 km. up the road from the lodge, which we would have missed had we not stayed here. It was beautiful.
The complimentary breakfast was also wonderful. Fabulous pastries, fresh fruit and croissants, bagels and cereals came with the room price. We also had dinner there one night. It was extremely spendy, not at all worth the money. The chef should try to vary the menu and I don't know what he did to the tenderloin but it was terrible(at $39 a plate). Also, I ordered a glass of wine and there was barely 4 oz. in the glass. ($14 a glass). It was more like a wine tasting serving than a glass. Ridiculous. Also, the wine selection was terrible too. I did try 2 different wines, neither one being decent. Do yourself a favor and buy your own wine and have a glass in your room before going out for dinner.
So to recap, stay here, just eat dinner somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our Timber Frame lodge located in stunning Yoho National Park on the banks of the Kicking Horse River; providing unsurpassed guest excellence and attention to detail while surrounded by the lovingly re-claimed Douglas Fir post and beams. If you love the great outdoors but also love luxurious comfort, Cathedral Mountain Lodge is your perfect Canadian Rockies destination. Allow us to indulge all of your culinary senses at our Riverside Restaurant and Lounge, featuring Western Canada's best in-season regional cuisine, complimented by our diverse well-crafted wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cathedral Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Mountain Hotel Field
- Cathedral Mountain Lodge Canada/Field