“Dinner Quite OK”

Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Field
Price range: US$19 - US$43
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our dining room, lounge and bar offer you CRMR’s famed Rocky Mountain Cuisine – the roots of which go back to the hearty meals prepared by European mountain guides and the lavish Victorian cooking from early CPR rail cars. Our wine list received the coveted Wine Spectator “Best of” Award of Excellence in 2004 and boasts over 400 outstanding local and international selections. In 2013, our wine list received a gold medal at the Vancouver International Wine Festival. Whether your days at Emerald Lake Lodge are spent adventuring in the mountains or curled up beside a roaring fire, the dishes served in the dining room are designed to nourish and comfort you during what promises to be a memorable stay.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It's nice when the warm dinner rolls come with soft vs. hard butter. The minestrone (12) was good but maybe too heavy with fresh tomato. The Pacific halibut was a generous piece, in a nice saffron beurre-blanc sauce, on a bed of couscous, but a bit pricey (34). Very nice fresh vegetables but I'd like more of them. The peach and almond streusel "pie" (10) was technically a tart, and just average. Ask for a window table. Note there is no cellphone service at the lodge.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Dinner by the window overlooking the beautiful Emerald Lake.....and dinner was as delicious and gorgeous as the view was. I enjoyed the halibut, however, the sauce was a bit overpowering and halibut tastes just too good on its own to overpower with a sauce. My husband's tenderloin was really good....outstanding flavor and, of course, so tender. The meal was beautifully presented and the waitstaff was extremely attentive.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our family of 5 ate here for all of the three nights we stayed at the lodge. The food was amazing...gourmet quality, hot, wonderful atmosphere! Don't expect it to come immediately. This isn't a fast food joint. Enjoy the wait because the reward at the end is well worth it.

1  Thank Cate415
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our day at Emerald Lake. The colour of the lake has to be seen to be believed (Emerald is a spot-on description)! Similar to Lake Louise, but way less touristy and more "authentic".
The resort should be congratulated on their staff - wherever we went they were friendly and obliging without pretense.
There is more than one dining option available, including a coffee-to-go!
Great walks around the Lake and heaps of photo Ops, boosted by the closer proximity of mountains to lake and less tourists to dodge than Lake Louise.
The whole area has a peaceful atmosphere.
We stopped at Natural Bridge on the way in and it is also fantastic!

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We were staying for a special weekend and as repeat visitors were looking forward to it. Well dinner Friday and breakfast Saturday were very good and our servers were great. But and it's a big BUT Sunday breakfast was a disaster both from a meal quality and the server was one of the worst I've ever had!! We decided to pass on the buffet and order from the menu, we both ordered their speciality Elk hash, I asked if I could skip the potatoes and get fresh fruit instead and our server said she would check with the kitchen and return. After a lengthy absence she returned and said they could do that so we placed our orders, we were asked how we wanted our poached eggs and we both asked for medium. Our server took our orders and departed. Not checking back for over 30 minutes, no water, no nothing. After 40 minutes she returned with our meals and she then said to me "they couldn't do the fruit" and placed and order full of potatoes in front of me. Both our eggs were hard boiled and not appetizing so I mentioned that she could take it back. She asked If she could bring me a menu so I could order something else and I said that would be fine. Off she went not to return for over 30 minutes when she said "did you get a menu?" I thought how could I you haven't even been back. By now my wife had long completed her meal and I just requested our bill. The bill was presented and I gave my debit card, she took it and disappeared for 5 minutes only to return and tell me "we don't take debit only charge". Well I paid and we left VERY DISAPPOINTED, VERY HUNGRY & VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!