“Colleague's recommendation was spot on”

Truffle Pigs Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Field
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Canadian, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A 13 room post and beam family run lodge in the heart of Yoho National Park in Field, BC. Truffle Pigs Lodge is freshly renovated and prides itself on offering families and couples relaxing, clean and affordable accommodations. Truffle Pigs Bistro is an award winning Bistro and Lounge that serves fresh, local and hand made foods, BC wines, beer and a great selection of spirits. Truffle Pig food is simply scrumptious , made by real people, in real time with real food ingredients. Our menu offers a wide range of gluten free options and we welcome children and families in the restaurant. Truffle Pigs Bistro and Lodge has been described as the "jewel" of Yoho National Park, "unpretentious" & one of the most relaxed and tasteful properties in the Canadian Rockies. You won't find a concierge, corporate uniform or chandelier on property but you will find the concierge and staff from other properties eating and hanging out.. Full of locals, local lore and local charm.
Coquitlam, Canada
“Colleague's recommendation was spot on”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A colleague highly recommended this bistro and she was spot on. I took a road trip with my sons and visited Field. We had their special - rack of lamb - delicious. The service was very good - but you need to be mindful of the hours, i.e., dinner begins at 5pm. We ate on the patio and had a spectacular view of the mountains surrounding us. Very good wine menu - they served local Okanagan - which highlighted the meal.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Alberta, Canada
“Extremely Disappointing!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you like good atmosphere, artistic meal presentation, and fine taste, then this bistro might be for you. But don't eat here if you are looking for reasonable meal portions and fair food value pricing. Our meal portions were very small and way over priced. My son and I ordered Grilled Chicken and Tortellini. Our meal consisted of white bread, two tiny peppers, and three hollow medium sized tortellinis with sauce, all for 26 dollars. The chicken? Well, it was actually one tiny ingredient of the table spoon sized paste spread loosely across the surface of the tortellini bottoms. Not exactly what we had expected for 26 dollars. A rip off!

• Visited August 2014
Sean C, Owner at Truffle Pigs Bistro & Lounge, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Extremely Disappointing

LEt me begin by stating I am never please to read a negative review about our restaurant and hotel. However, I do appreciate feed back weather positive or negative. My staff and I work extremely hard to create remarkable experiences for all our clientele and we are always striving to better our products and services so thank you for taking the time to write your review. In my 20 years as a restaurant chef and owner I have never had a review about our portion sizes ...most of our clients express the opposite and come to our establishment to pig out.

The Tortaloni you or your son ordered is a hand made product that most people raved about. In fact we have not received one complaint about it ... you are the first. IT is possible that the pasta bundles split letting the chicken seep out but my highly professional kitchen should have noticed this. If they didn't , I truly apologize and will speak with my kitchen. In the future, we ask all our clients to speak with us directly at the time of a problem so we have the opportunity to fix a simple problem and you the customer get a full belly and are happy with your purchases. We don't see any value in any customer leaving our bistro disgruntled; especially when most problems are easily rectified. In most cases, as our reviews show, Truffle Pig customers are extremely happy customers . Again I apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations.

I hope you will visit us again and try our remarkable food. When you do venture back, please let my staff know you are here again, I would like the opportunity to meet you and change your first impression.

Executive Chef/Owner
Truffle Pigs Bistro and Lounge
Sean Cunningham
Vancouver, Canada
“Wished we had come sooner”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate here after a Park Ranger recommended it. Exceptional food...made restaurants at Emerald Lake Lodge look like a sack lunch, and for the same price. Not cheap, but soooo worth it. Patio was quaint, beer was cold, and thank goodness we found it before leaving.
Field is a really cool town as well. Residents have taken great care of it... Keep an eye out for Elk cruising around the streets.

Visited July 2014
“Well done Jen et al.! ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What a little gem. Found this place on the way back to Chateau Lake Louise after a day at Yoho and were so impressed with the pork nachos and ambiance that we cancelled our next night's reservation at the Fairview Room at our hotel and drove back for dinner. They did not disappoint. To start, Jen turned us on to an absolutely fantastic Canadian Bordeaux blend (I had no idea a Canadian red could be so good) and then we had a variety of apps, all of which were inventive and delicious. The girls had the homemade tortellini and we had the Alberta ribeye. The place is tiny so service can lag a bit, but you're in one of the most beautiful areas on earth, so try and relax and enjoy. We're only sad that we didn't find it earlier in the week!

Toronto, Canada
“Believe the hype!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Three days later and I'm still salivating over my Truffle Pigs meal.

Having stayed at the Emerald Lake Lodge one week after our friends, they highly recommended Truffle Pigs. With no internet access at our hotel, we showed up at 8:30 with no reservations. We were greeted warmly and told "we WILL feed you and you WILL love it". We only waited 15 minutes and for a great table.

Our server (and aforementioned greeter) was Flint - SO great. We started with his creation, the B Sharp cocktail because we read about it on TripAdvisor. You need to try it, too. My husband had the soup of the day which was a salmon gumbo (?) - he said it was the best soup he's ever had. I started with the rocket salad, which I'm still dreaming about. He had the bison bourguignon and I had the chicken tortelloni. Both stupid-good.

In a week-long trip to the Rockies, we ate out a LOT and this meal stands out as one of the best. Thanks, Truffle Pigs. :)

Visited August 2014