“great food, relaxing atmosphere, Devine desserts”

Truffle Pigs Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Field
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Canadian, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A 13 room post and beam family run lodge in the heart of Yoho National Park in Field, BC. Truffle Pigs Lodge is freshly renovated and prides itself on offering families and couples relaxing, clean and affordable accommodations. Truffle Pigs Bistro is an award winning Bistro and Lounge that serves fresh, local and hand made foods, BC wines, beer and a great selection of spirits. Truffle Pig food is simply scrumptious , made by real people, in real time with real food ingredients. Our menu offers a wide range of gluten free options and we welcome children and families in the restaurant. Truffle Pigs Bistro and Lodge has been described as the "jewel" of Yoho National Park, "unpretentious" & one of the most relaxed and tasteful properties in the Canadian Rockies. You won't find a concierge, corporate uniform or chandelier on property but you will find the concierge and staff from other properties eating and hanging out.. Full of locals, local lore and local charm.
San Luis Obispo, California
“great food, relaxing atmosphere, Devine desserts”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had an early lunch here and were very happy with the portions, quality and flavor of the food. The house made nectarine pie with vanilla gellato was superb! The server was friendly and we enjoyed taking our time to eat and enjoy the view of the mountains and trains going by. Field is a must see little town, so quaint and charming. We also enjoyed the playful decor of the flying pigs hung from the ceiling. I highly recommend Truffle Pigs to anyone.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Cologne, Germany
“A restaurant like this, in Field B.C.? - YES!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

At a first glance, the restaurant didn't look very promising. But the 15 yrs El Dorado Rum and another bottle of Zacapa 23 yrs Solera behind the bar gave a hint, that there is more than just ordinary food to be found.
We couldn't make a reservation because this is possible only if you've booked a room at the hotel and the restaurant was very busy, although middle of the week. But we were seated on a sofa at the bar and could enjoy a beer or another drink from the bar while waiting for a free table.
We went there a second time and it was almost the same. Quality seems to speak for itself!
We have been there with a couple of friends, seven people in total, but they easily managed to handle this without any significant delay, although seven people ordered seven different sets of food and drinks. The menu contained all kinds of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, so everyone found its choice. The creations were exceptional and in no way standard. So it was a real surprise to all of us to find such a level of quality in a place in the middle of a small village. The prices are "Canadian style" i.e. for us Europeans they are quite ambitious, but the quality matched the prices quite well and everyone enjoyed very much what has been produced for her/him. The amber ale from the tab was great, too and the quality of wines, which we all ordered by the glass, as well. I personally enjoyed the Sauvignon Blanc, which corresponded very well to my main course. Unfortunately - it's already three weeks after - I cannot remember anymore what we have eaten at the two occasions but I can assure you, that you will enjoy what you'll get, when (not if!) you'll get there during your next stay at the Yoho NP. Did I mention that the presentation of the food, also on especially designed plates, was formidable? In Germany we have a saying: "Das Auge isst mit". (Ask Google for a funny translation) And don't forget the El Dorado afterwards!

• Visited July 2014
manchester
“Lovely Bison Bourgioun”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We went here on a recommendation from Lynn at Home lodge B and B in Golden and we were not disappointed. The place was really busy and we hadn't booked but were told that they could seat us in 30 minutes. We went for a walk around Field, however the heavens opened and we rushed back to the Bistro. The rain was so bd that people on the patio had moved inside and so the place was even busier. We waited inside and some how they managed to seat us within about 15mins. The menu sounded really interesting and I decided on Bison Bourgioun as I have never has Bison before. It was a great choice, very rich and tasty and the bread was a perfect accompaniment. Our party also had the duck special and the vegetable stack, which everyone really enjoyed. The food wasn't that cheap but I think it was worth the money and the service was pretty good, especially when how consider how busy they were.

• Visited August 2014
Calgary
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Couple in our 50's, sat at the bar because it was a Sat. night and place was very busy. Food and service were both excellent. Would definitely recommend it.

Visited August 2014
Riverbank, California
“Service does count”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The place is very nice and in a magnificent setting. The food is good and in my opinion not badly priced. So what's left? Oh yeah, service.

The first mistake was mine. As I approached from the north (?) I didn't come upon the front door, I came to the deck seating and entered from there. So I inadvertently bypassed the host(ess) station. And the host walked up and observed that I looked lost. Well, not really. I was standing in the middle of a restaurant surrounded by tables. I knew right where I was. And said so. So he encouraged me to take a seat, So I pointed to a table and said "how about here?" Ooooops, wrong. My bad.

There are 5 tables right at big windows looking directly out at that great view. And I dared to pick one of them. For whatever reason, they place only all 5 of their tables for 4 at the windows, For parties or one or two, we get to sit across the aisle. From the standpoint of the view (that *IS* what we're all there for), distinctly significantly inferior. He said they were "busy." I suspected not. (And there really was no evidence of that.)

I was there for lunch and it was approaching 3 pm. 2 of the 5 tables with view were open. During my entire lunch, 2 or 3 of these tables were always available. (I had suspected exactly this, Maybe I could educate this host on the nature of the hospitality business.) For a while before I left, 4 of the 5 tables were vacant. That did not improve my mood.

After I was seated, the waitress came by to ask if I'd like to order a drink. Sure, what's on tap? She tells me there's a pale ale and a lager. I ask for a pale ale. A moment later, she shows up with what is decidedly a lager. Yes, I would have overlooked this error if I weren't already very irritated.

(I noted a woman (seated at the table I had requested) ordered a Bloody Mary, NOT spicy). I observed her discovering it was *very* spicy and she could not drink it. It sat there undrunk for virtually her entire meal before the waitress noticed that something must be amiss.)

Quality service is a good thing. Not something I observed here.

• Visited August 2014