“I didn't like Thai, but . . .”

Benjarong Thai Restaurant - Howick
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Howick
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nelson, New Zealand
“I didn't like Thai, but . . .”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Looking for somewhere to eat while on a holiday in the Auckland area, my wife suggested the Benjarong as it looked nice. However I don't fancy Thai food, it always seems too fishy for my taste. However, I went in to book a table for that evening and was floored by the delicious cooking smells. Also the dear little Thai lady that took my booking was charm itself.
That evening the place was full and the take-away section was pumping too - always a good sign. We both sent back empty plates surely the greatest accolade a chef could get and felt that the meal was reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2012

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fast servuce”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Popped in here to get a bit to eat on a Saturday night. Quite busy and because we had not booked our table was very close to the neighbouring table, which meant conversations were shared unintentionally. The fact that they did take out meant a constant stream of people walking past us to pick up. Prompt service. Food was tasty, priced in the top end for Thai style food.

• Visited May 2012