“Consistently great food”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Been coming here for 10 years now, and the food is always excellent. Not the cheapest, but the one of the best Thai restaurants in Auckland. The fragrance hits as soon as you enter, and the staff are warm, friendly and delightful.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We've been coming to this restaurant since it opened in the late 90s and it was excellent then and still is. It's popular so the tables are close together to pack the customers in. It offers the best Thai food in Eastern Auckland and is up there with any Thai restaurant I have eaten in.

The prices have become quite steep in the last couple of years so it has become more of a treat than a regular outing but I can't stay away too long, it is that good.

I recommend the Choo Chee Goong prawns but I've never had a meal that I did not enjoy. Their menu rates meals from mild to hot with chili pepper symbols but it is all relative and none of them are seriously hot.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Always excellent food, great service. The special fish in banana leaves has a lovely fragrance and is delicious.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Looking for somewhere to eat while on a holiday in the Auckland area, my wife suggested the Benjarong as it looked nice. However I don't fancy Thai food, it always seems too fishy for my taste. However, I went in to book a table for that evening and was floored by the delicious cooking smells. Also the dear little Thai lady that took my booking was charm itself.
That evening the place was full and the take-away section was pumping too - always a good sign. We both sent back empty plates surely the greatest accolade a chef could get and felt that the meal was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Popped in here to get a bit to eat on a Saturday night. Quite busy and because we had not booked our table was very close to the neighbouring table, which meant conversations were shared unintentionally. The fact that they did take out meant a constant stream of people walking past us to pick up. Prompt service. Food was tasty, priced in the top end for Thai style food.