“Good food & great atmosphere”
Review of The Apothecary

The Apothecary
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Howick
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place has great ambience, is spacious yet intimate, & perfect to combine with the movies at Monterey around the corner. In our opinion the best in Howick.

1  Thank BRC36

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I treat this restaurant like our "local". Good mix of friendly staff and great food. The wine list is good, but could have a few more aromatics. The outdoor setting is nice on a summers night. Their recent menu change meant we could taste a few more things.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went there for lunch on Monday. I ordered the Chef salad and fries for $26. The salad was chicken and prawns. When it arrived it was nicely presented and the fries very nice. The salad had thousand island dressing for the prawns, but no prawns. I thought this was an oversight but instead I got given a $2 coin on a napkin and told that's what the prawns would be worth but they had run out. Perhaps offering a coffee or cake would have been less insulting.

2  Thank mariaj3
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have had drinks a few times at the Apothecary and staff are always cheerful and service good. I recently had a late lunch there with a friend and sat outside while it is quite a busy road there's always something to see and we enjoyed being outside. The food was very nice and we had a nice chilled glass of wine to go with it. It's nice to have something abit different from all the other cafés and restaurants around and you can pick up a antique at the same time. I have also been on a Friday night here for drinks and it gets quite busy and has a nice atmosphere .

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Apothecary has been tastefully furnished. It has wholesome food and salads and other snacks are available. The service is a bit slow because there often seems to be only one person taking the order and the money so try and go when they are not too busy.

This has become a favourite morning or afternoon coffee place for me and my friends and I am sure will continue to be so. We haven't tried the new wine bar next door yet but that will be our next stop.