“Cute cabin”

Fairmont Mountain Bungalows
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in a two bedroom cabin with a complete kitchen. It was one of the older units and had a lot of character - older fridge and stove. Furniture was beautiful leather. Some windows had been replaced - upside down - and needed a stick to keep them open. One of the screens was bent and didn't fit properly so we couldn't open that window. The bed my husband and I had was hard as a rock. You could feel the springs when you rolled over. Not a good nights sleep. We mentioned this to the management. The room was very clean and had an abundance of towels. We arrived in the evening and were looking for somewhere to eat. The management was no help and told us everything closed in half an hour. There was a nice bar that served great food across the street. We stayed one night on our way home.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer unit.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We Wife and I stayed here when Daughter said close to there trailer when we went to visit, got off of internet sight unseen. When we pulled up I said no way, little old run down building. Then we opened the door and Wow inside was a dream cabin, two burner stove , fridge, fireplace, ac, double bed, and couch that made into bed if needed. lots of towels etc; B.B.Q outside and fire wood, the staff where nice Friendly, and seemed to like there job. Made us Happy. But yes clothes where left in suitcase or hung on couple hooks on kitchen wall, no big deal I use the floor at home some times. hahaah

Room Tip: They are away from each other so pretty private.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Slim W
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My boyfriend and I happened to stumble upon this lovely establishment after a long and exhausting day of biking and hitchhiking. We had been driving in the back roads about 75kms away and got our truck stuck when we made our way to this place through the kindness of two strangers that kindly picked us up about 30kms into our bike ride. When the gentleman at the front office heard of what had happened, he offered us a late check out the next day, right up to 4pm, if needed, to make a plan to get our vehicle back. On top of that, it was inexpensive and I wasn't expecting much for the price. It was a lovely, peaceful cabin with a fireplace and full kitchen! He gave us a room close to the road so we wouldn't have to walk too far to go to the store across the street and we decided to stay a second night. This is even a pet friendly place with a kid's playground across the road and I am sure there were many other features that I did not begin to discover. They have a beautiful outdoor cat that was respectful and affectionate, but not invasive or bothersome, at all. It helped lighten my stress. Everyone was pleasant and helpful and I am so appreciative. I will come here in the future on purpose, next time! I recommend you check it out!

Room Tip: ask to be away from the road, it is more private, unless you are on foot, then it is a shorter walk...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oceangoddess83
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed there for 3 days October long weekend 2013. We had a what they called a studio unit with a separate bedroom, what they call a kitchen (2 Burners, Sink,and Fridge combo unit), firplace and TV and a filthy BBQ outside. No hooks to hank any of your clothes on or hang up items out of your suitcase, so it was out of suitcase living just like tenting. The bungalows are okay for wilderness living but not as they claim. Our first night had no hot water, and the so said fridge froze all of our vegies,fruit and milk and everything else in the fridge, we caught it before if froze our eggs. The pricing is slightly high for what you get. There has been little or no upkeep on our unit, floor tiles were mostly all loose around the fireplace, drapes do not fit the windows. The house keeper was very kind and helpful. The front desk, when told of our problems said Sorry!!!! I guess it filled them with sorrow telling our story. Lots of firwood for the fireplace included. Lots of privacy bugalows are apart from each other, very good that way.

Room Tip: Not sure about the children activities or Fitness centre. I did not see anything like these two ite...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DDH347
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed for 3 days in a studio unit. It was small but the light paneling and open-beam ceiling gave it a spacious feel.
We appreciated the hard surface floors (no carpeting). To me, carpeting in hotel/motel units is never clean-feeling.
We could open the windows and enjoy the fresh-forest air. If it was too hot or got chilly overnight, there was air-conditioning and baseboard heating.
Well-equipped with lots of fluffy towels and extra towels to take to the pools.
All of the staff was friendly and helpful.
Only criticism is, that in our studio, there were no drawers for clothes and we had to leave everything in our suitcases. I imagine the 1 bedroom units would have a chests of drawers.
There are no telephones in the units, but free wi-fi more than makes up for that.

Room Tip: If you get a unit towards the back of the property, you will hear nothing but silence at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cedsong
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Clean, well-equipped, quiet, tasteful, reasonable--can't say enough! Lots of amenities---
fridge, microwave, outdoor grill for cooking, sofa and plush chairs. We were overwhelmed.

(In above five-position review, does far right mean the best? You do not make that clear.
We would vote 5!)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nptmoose
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Last August my husband and I spent a wonderful night here. We loved the fact it was not over manicured and left a little wild. The bungalows were not butted up against each other but a fair distance apart give you some privacy.
They provide every Bungalow with a B.B.Q., a wood burning fireplace, a nice outdoor patio set and wood. They also provide pots, pans, plates and just about everything you need to cook and your meals. The bed was comfortable and the room very pleasent.
When we go back that way we will stay there again. Its not cookie cutter or like many other places. I hate places were you open the door to your room and it looks like everyother place you ever stayed at.
So if you are looking for something with a little different and are willing to live in a little cabin like you might have by a lake this is the place for you and me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie2759
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#1 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
Copper Point Resort
Copper Point Resort
#1 of 3 in Invermere
Bighorn Meadows Resort
Bighorn Meadows Resort
#6 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside
Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riv...
#4 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
1 mi away
No photo provided
Riverview Retreat
#2 of 3 in Fairmont Hot Springs

Been to Fairmont Mountain Bungalows? Share your experiences!