Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside
Fairmont Mountain Bungalows(Fairmont Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
Riverview Retreat(Fairmont Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf courserec centerhot springsindoor poolcolumbia rivertime shareone bedroom unitwasher dryerfull kitchenweek staygas grilllarge balconyworked greatpull out couchminute drivebritish columbiaski hill
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a fabulous place for families. I don't care what season/time of year it is, this place has everything you need. The condos were fine! While it's perfectly acceptable for pinky-raising persnickity folks to level in with their opinions, you may want a voice from the regular crowd. You need nothing for comfortable living conditions in their condos. They provide everything, and in an incredibly beautiful locale. Smart, and well thought activites were available all week long for the younger ones, clean public areas, and close to some excellent restaurants and a nice gorcery store. Please... When you read reviews in here, you are perhaps better to disregard a review from someone with only one review. That may sound unfair, but at the same time, be smart and think that it may be from a competitor. The staff were all nice, and there really isn't anything else I need to say about that. This place gets a rare top rating from me, and it's because of the great week my family just had there. The bug is already being rammed into my ear to return here by both my two teenagers, and my two little gals. Yee-up. That good...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank gcleff11
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here with family for 3 nights in a two bedroom condo. The service from the front end staff was horrible. Staff could care less about quality service, were rude to deal with, dismissed concerns/issues with condo and ther service alone is the main reason to avoid this place. Not to mention the bugs that were in the bed during the night and in the mornings (in February!). When brought to the attention of the front staff, their response was "they're only bugs". Bugs in the beds is something that needs to be addressed and not just sluffed off. Nothing was offered to my family to date as an apology for the poor experience which really shows the class that this place has. Stay away from here and consider just staying in Invemere like we did after (Copper Point Resort is awesome).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
17  Thank garlicspamsam
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We reserved and paid for a full week at the Sunchaser Vacation Villas Family Day 2013. We checked out after one night and lost all our money, with no satisfaction offered. Inside the unit (2016 A and B) the paint was peeling and there was black mould around the windows. The unit has not been updated since the 1980s. The front desk offered us another unit which we declined because, it doesn't make sense to think they put us in a slum if they had a better unit reserved in case of a complaint. But apparently that's how they operate.
When I contacted Northwynds, the property rental management company they said the units are being taken out of the market for renovations at the end of February. Northwynds said because we turned down the alternative they don't owe us anything.
Northwynds / Sunchaser is highly deceptive and misleading, almost fraudulent. DO NOT GO THERE.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
20  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed here for a week in mid-Feb and the experience was most enjoyable. When combined, the A and B suites offer a LOT of space! The beds are large and comfortable, and each suite offered a pull-out hide-a-bed, too. Kitchen facilities are nice, large and relatively well equipped; and the BBQ out on the patio is a treat to have (those BBQ's heat up VERY FAST and get really HOT!). Bathroom facilities are in good shape and the Jacuzzi-style bathtubs are comparable to an Olympic-sized swimming pool (...almost).

The public recreation facilities offered a decent sized, and well equipped gym, and a nice, big swimming pool with multiple hot tubs.

Very Nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Keith-B-Robinson
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed at the Hillside area in the 4000 block and had both the A and B suites. We were there with our 2 girls (6 and 4) and good friends of ours stayed at the Marble Canyon suites and have 3 kids (16, and twin 6 year olds). We spent considerable time at both places.

Overall, I had a great time. The area is beautiful and it was not very busy at this time of year. We stayed on a corner unit on the main floor so did not have to go up or down the stairs which was good with kids and packing/unpacking. There were some positives and unfortunately some negatives. I'll start with the negatives to get that out of the way and leave the review on a high note.

1. The wireless Internet connection is really not good at all. It was spotty, slow and wanted you to re-authenticate every time you reconnected. It was free but still not a good experience at all? In fact, I found it more reliable to use my Blackberry as a hot spot to connect with my IPAD. My wife's IPAD had the same experience so it was not just my IPAD that was the problem.

2. The water pressure was very low. The toilets did not flush well in either the A or B unit and the shower pressure was hampered by the fact you cold not turn the shower all the way on. It still flowed through the tub halfway with the shower on.

3. The pillows were pretty uncomfortable. I would recommend bringing your own if you can

4. The most disappointing of all the negatives was the lack of privacy and "thin" walls. The bathrooms had sliding doors that connected to the bedrooms and you could hear anyone in the suite above and below whenever they opened/closed it. You could also hear the T.V. in the other units when it was up even a little high. We were also "blamed" for being too loud by the unit below. The part that frustrated us was that we got a call from the front desk regarding the noise in our unit yet we had not even been in the unit for 15 minutes after being out all afternoon and it was 6:00pm?? We also reiterated the fact we have 5 kids in the unit and they knew that when we had 5 kids when we booked and checked in. Now, I consider our kids and our friends kids pretty well behaved and we don't let them go crazy or anything. At the time we got the call, they were in the B unit playing hide and seek. We got 2 calls within 10 minutes of each other too. Our kids were not overly loud or obnoxious by any means. I will agree and experienced it first hand that the privacy is not great and the walls are pretty thin, but first of all, it was known we had 4 kids under the age of 6 so they are going to run around a bit, and second, it was between 6 and 6:30!! By 9:00pm every night we were probably the quietest units there. It was because of that call that I could not really relax the rest of the trip in the units and it was a real downer.

Now, having said that, there were some very good positives:

1. The layout of the units was very good and the balcony on the A unit was great and overlooked the river and mountains behind. The beds were comfortable (not the pillows as mentioned), the rooms were well stocked with dishes and cleaning supplies, and it was clean.

2. The pool area was great for the kids and it had an indoor and outdoor hot tub. The kids had a great time in the pools and so did we. We went almost every night we could.

3. The kids entertainment guy, Yves, was absolutely spectacular. The way he was with the kids was great. He really was a highlight and should be commended for his work. We made butterflies, stomp rockets and did a treasure hunt. Nothing but great things to say about the whole experience and especially Yves.

4. The proximity of our unit to everything Fairmont has to offer was great. It was easy access to the market and close to the hot pools. The parking was plentiful and easy to get to our rooms. One note too, nothing to do with the place we stayed but the pizza place where the market and everything else was (Fairmont pizza I think) was very good and I highly recommend it.

5. Check in and check out was hassle free and quick

So, all that being said, our overall experience was positive but there were a couple of negatives that took away from an otherwise great time. Fairmont is beautiful and I would go back again but would probably look at staying somewhere else to try something else.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family