“Revisiting old haunts”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I read some of the reviews on trip advisor about the Lodge being a little run down and dated. We arrived on a beautiful sunny day with a room on the ground floor with a short walk to the hot pool. Beds are amazing, room is lovely, service is great. Anyone who says this is run down has never been in a run down hotel and need to get a life. We have loved every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Trish W
Peter S, Exec. VP at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for thoughtful review of your experience at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (FHSR).
We are really pleased you enjoy, as many of our guest, the 'charm' of FHSR.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff at the front desk did not offer any information: we had to ask how to get around to our entrance, and how to find the guest pool. It was literally like pulling teeth to get information out of them. Since we arrived late, we only had access to the guest pool, as the public pools closed earlier. After getting to our room, we quickly changed and headed for the pool, which took us about 20 minutes to actually FIND. When we got there, we wasted another 15 minutes trying to find the showers that mineral springs always have. After all that looking, and asking a custodian, we found one almost on the other side of the building (obviously not made for when going into the pool). Since the hotel is made up of a large number of entrances and different sections, we were expecting signage so that we could easily find our way around (there was NOTHING like that, to help us). The map they gave us was absolutely no help at all! There was also no safe place to leave our items (like room key/cell phone). The clients there were definitely high-end, and we are not, so they were blatantly talking about us behind their hands, and laughing, and sitting in their cliques. I was seriously considering not even entering the pool, because I felt so self-conscious and uncomfortable by the obvious prejudice that was thrown our way. The pool was far too hot at 102 (or 104) degrees and I could only last about 1/2 an hour. I was also concerned how the high heat would be affecting my husband. This is one place that you could not PAY me to return to.

2  Thank sunshynejo

We are really saddened to hear that your experience at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (FHSR) did not meet your expectations.
Based on your comments we are reviewing our signage plan within the lodge.
We hope that time will allow us the opportunity to see you visit FHSR again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had a one night stay at this resort in late April. We were able to book their Bed & Breakfast special, even though we were only staying for one evening. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The hot springs were quite enjoyable, and they helped relax our muscles after a day of driving. The only complaint about the Guest Pools were that they were quite dirty (hair/other stuff floating around the pool).

We had a late meal in the Bears Paw lounge and thoroughly enjoyed it. Morning breakfast in the dining room was very good too. We were provided vouchers to show the staff at the dining room, and everything was taken care of. We ordered what we wanted off the menu. We only had to leave a tip for the waitress upon departing the restaurant. All staff that we encountered were very pleasant.

We will stay here again when our future travels take us this route again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (FHSR). We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your constructive comments and will use them to try and improve both our product and service.
We look forward to seeing you at FHSR again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I came to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort to relax after a long trip with our toddler. We arrived late and went to the pool at 1030. Turns out there was a convention and the guest pool was packed with people drinking and smoking. One of the reps even asked my wife and I if we wanted something to drink. We had our toddler with us at this time.The doors to the guest pool were jammed open. And people came and went freely. I understand that as a resort this event probably paid a lot of bills, but it states in the guest directory that its a non smoking resort and there is a 250 dollar fine. There are also many signs stating that alcohol was prohibited in the guest pool. Security came by and did not care that this was happening. If we had not been on the road to for hours and hours to get here, would have left immediately. It would seem that Fairmont Hot Springs Resort caters to whomever pays most and other guests can just put up with it. This has not been our first visit, but it will be our last.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank thomas p

We are saddened to hear that your experience at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (FHSR) was not as it should have been.
You are perfectly correct, smoking and drinking in the pools areas is not permitted. I apologize on behalf of FHSR for your experience and that security was not more attentive to your needs.
Yes, group business is important to FHSR but not at the expense of other guests. We are reviewing how to deal with large groups with the eye to improve the experience of other guests.
We sincerely hope that you may reconsider and give FHSR another chance as a prefered place for you and your family to visit.
If you wish to disucss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here on the way to a convention in nearby Cranbrook. My husband had recently broken his hip and we thought the mineral pools would be a nice treat. The hotel is not far off the highway. We booked the only handicapped room for $99. It was well located (no stairs!) and we easily accessed the private hot mineral pool exclusively for hotel guests. We were delighted to learn that the hot pool was open until 11pm, unlike the public pools which closed at 9pm. They provide confy cozy robes for pool use to and from the rooms. They had a pub and a fancy restaurant, but because the pub was full (they only had high seats left and my husband could sit on them) we ate in the fancy restaurant and they served us the pub food there. Beautiful views from the restaurant! It was a lovely place to go and we will certainly consider going there again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed for two nights during a work trip to the area. The room at the lodge was wonderful, with a great view of the valley and hot pools! The staff were all helpful, cheerful, and accommodating.

I LOVE coming to the valley as the pace of life is so much more relaxed than it can be in the city. This was my first time staying at FHSR; it is the perfect place to unwind while soaking in one of the many hot pools. During my trip I also snuck down to the Riverside course to play golf. The course is fun, and challenging without being too demanding. A great mix of holes and some really interesting shots over and around the river. Again, the staff were great and helped me navigate my way around very well!

Big thank you to the FHSR team, I had a blast! See you again some time.

PS - Walk down to the waterfall in the canyon below the resort, it's a pretty neat little hot pool in its own right.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've stayed numerous times but the last visit was very disappointing. Accommodations were fine but the food was terrible. I ordered a turkey bacon club in the lounge and it has absolutely no taste. The bacon must have been from breakfast because it was rock hard. Even lunch in the clubhouse at mountain side golf course. It's gotten more expensive to stay with less quality. Definitely gone down hill since new owner

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#2 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
#6 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
The Kanata Inns Invermere
The Kanata Inns Invermere
#3 of 3 in Invermere

Been to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!