“Great Anniversary!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We celebrated our 5th anniversary at the Resort. We stayed in the Hot Springs. We had an absolutely fantastic time. The Resort was so quiet, and the private pool is very nice with the nordic plung pools great way to heal the body. Everyone was very friendly. The grounds were beautiful! We relaxed in the pools went to the spa and played a round of Golf at mountanside! We cant wait till our next anniversary to come again. Thanks Ken and all the staff at FHSR!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JandEZilkie
Peter S, Exec. VP at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are so pleased that your anniversary was such a success.
We look forward to seeing you for your 6th anniversary, if not before.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We come to the mountains every May and always stay at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. We LOVE this resort! This year was no different. The rooms are lovely, the beds are SO comfortable. The property is simply stunning. The hot springs (resort and public) are a real treat (tho this year I was a little disturbed by the fact that "20 somethings" kept jumping the fence to gain entry to the resort pool.....it's stated that alcohol is not permitted but year after year this is completely ignored (which normally is fine as we like a cold one in the hot pool but this time the crowd was young and obnoxious) O.K. this complaint aside, we love this spot and we will be back next May.

4  Thank LBtravelandfood

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoy your visits so much.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took advantage of their Bed and Breakfast deal last night. I have noise senstivities and Chandra on the front desk really helped me find a quiet room in their old motel area and keep my good bed and breakfast rate. Thanks Chandra.

The fridge dial fell apart after the maintenance staff left at 4:30. It took a number of different staff trying to turn it off which finally happened. There just didn't seem to be anyone working who knew how to get the right tool to do the job.

The pools are clean.
The staff nice but I think we are at the start of the summer season and staff aren't trained yet.

I was enjoying a nice early morning soak today. It rained heaviy last so I am not sure why the lawn mower and weed eater had to start mowing between all two lodges and pool at 8 am.

Lawnmowers, weed eaters and leaf blowers are noise pollution devices. I believe this is a resort. Do people not try and enjoy some quiet when they wake up? How about mowing when people are travelling (say between 11 am check out and 4 pm check in) and the kids are screaming in the pools?

I spoke to a diversity of people at the front desk and the lawnmowing continued. I guess they have their idea of 'resort'. It's not my idea of a good time.

Chandra was the highlight of this visit. Also the ribs at the pub down on the highway. Great food down at the pub.

Room Tip: there are outside exhaust fans on the standard building so if you want to open the window and have n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Fairmont Hot springs Resort. We are sorry you found the timing of the lawn maintenace so distruptive. We will be reviewing the timing of this maintenance practice as you suggest.

Peter SMith

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I meet up with my parents regularly at the hot Springs. Most of the time the rooms have been comfortable, but on one occasion we had a room that looked like it was done in the 70's-this was due to a lack of rooms (wedding party). My most recent visit had a nice room. The pools were great and we got an extra 1/2 hour in the hot tub which we appreciated.
There were people drinking in the hot tub-isn't that a health risk? Nobody went under from hypotension or inebriation, but it could happen...just sayin'.
Had a smoothie & latte for breakfast. It was good, reasonably priced and the staff were friendly.
There was a boiled water advisory so we were given bottled water-no big deal.
For me the highlight is the spectacular view of the mountains as you soak in a pool-really amazing.

Room Tip: I like a room with a view.
2  Thank Flowerpower4

At Fairmont Hot Springs Resort it is indeed all about the water. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and the soothing time in the natural hot springs pools.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peter SMith

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My 82 year old father and I were on a weeks journey of hot springs and golf, a little trip we dubbed our Triple E Adventure (Eric and Eric's Excellent Adventure)

Fairmont was our 3rd stop on the trek and our 2nd day of Hot Springs. We had found their great off season bed and breakfast deal on line, $129 per night for the room, full pool access and a full breakfast.

We arrived at the front counter and were checked in by Jolene who was wonderfully helpful and seemed to be truly enjoying her job!
The room was nice, typical style hotel room with 2 queen beds but the winning draw was the deck overlooking the extremely well kept grounds and pools. In addition to the outdoor pools, if you go inside there is a dry sauna and a steam sauna as well as a hot tub and a cold water plunge pool. After the 1st time or two I was actually starting to enjoy the plunge pool but oh my gosh was it .....er..chilly!!! One sure way to get your heart going!
The Fairmont does get a bit on the pricey side as we move into prime season but if you can hit an off season deal it is great value!
We stayed for 2 nights taking great pleasure in the pools, the golf course (there are 2) and of course just sitting on the deck drinking in the beauty of the day the location and perhaps a libation or two :-). Oh, I almost forgot, we also drove up to the Lussier Hot Springs which are a natural spring that has a series of rough rock pools stepping down to a river. The river was high and had flooded the lower pools but the hottest upper one was absolutely wonderful. I have never seen hot water so perfectly clear and the best part of Lussier is the price, free. Lussier is about a 45 minute drive from Fairmont.

Room Tip: I loved looking out on the grounds and the pools with views beyond to the majesty of nature.
3  Thank Eric O

We are so pleased you enjoyed many of the facilities at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort and were able to enjoy some of the surrounding natural attractions.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We hope to welcome you back to FHSR in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Pleasant rooms.
Terrible staff - arrive to check in to discover even though we booked the rooms, we were given the B room & our brother in law & wife given the larger, view room. we asked front desk to change so we got the A room, but were told this would be impossible. While the wife continued with this I noticed a golf sign & went over to the girl there HEATHER was her name & when I asked for some golf info, was told to go back & ask front desk. There was no one around & she was obviously doing nothing but would not answer.
Food is quite expensive & the only restaurant worth while was the Hoodoo restaurant. Scratch overpriced for mediocre food, & the Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel AVOID,. Very expensive & food awful.
My son was @ Ainsworth Hotel & there hot springs were not working - result 40% discount. These people, including Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel would both do nothing as there natural hot springs were not working. (My son stayed there for a couple of days to meet us.)
Will never return to this location when there so many other places in the B.C. interior. a rather poor 3 star experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I read some of the reviews on trip advisor about the Lodge being a little run down and dated. We arrived on a beautiful sunny day with a room on the ground floor with a short walk to the hot pool. Beds are amazing, room is lovely, service is great. Anyone who says this is run down has never been in a run down hotel and need to get a life. We have loved every minute of our stay.

4  Thank Trish W

Thank you for thoughtful review of your experience at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (FHSR).
We are really pleased you enjoy, as many of our guest, the 'charm' of FHSR.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#1 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
#1 of 3 in Invermere
Fairmont Mountain Bungalows
Fairmont Mountain Bungalows
#2 of 3 in Fairmont Hot Springs

Been to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!